Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44
reply to BlitzenZeus

Re: [My Review] Ipad Review - Useful only if jailbroken

said by BlitzenZeus:

The purpose of the ipad was a device which only ran signed software as a limited user, where they controlled the experience. For your average consumer it's fills most of their needs, but some people fell for the hipster advertising. It was never meant to be full computer, and if you have to hack a device, which jailbreaking is to make it useful it's already a pass, however I'm sure others could offer alternatives to jailbreaking even if those apps are not free.

You are not their target audience. Look at all the stooges knowingly, and unknowingly spending upwards of $600 every two years on an expansive smartphone if they realize the true cost is buried in their phone plan, or not. This is their target audience.

FYI WinRT, Win 8 for arm is nearly as limited as the ipad is by default.

I am an average consumer.
As for winRT, yes you are right.
If you are going to buy something with windows 8 you need to make sure it is actually windows 8 and not the limited version of it. That is good advice.
--
...brought to you by Carl's Jr.

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3
You are an enthusiast, you not the average consumer who barely browses the web, watches videos, mostly uses the internet to update their facebook and twitter, and might play some games like angry birds.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44

1 edit
said by BlitzenZeus:

You are an enthusiast, you not the average consumer who barely browses the web, watches videos, mostly uses the internet to update their facebook and twitter, and might play some games like angry birds.

If the average consumer only does what you state then they can buy ANY tablet and be happy, so there is 0 reason to buy one at $500 when you can do all those things equally as well on a $100 tablet.
Literally the HP touchpad I bought for $100 a year ago can do everything the ipad can do since cisco finally created a vpn app.

I am an "enthusiast" for using a tablet for work, email, tasks, viewing documents, sharepoint, downloading, accessing file shares, remote desktop, watching videos and listening to music on my ipad????
LOL, you are funny.
I am an average consumer.
--
...brought to you by Carl's Jr.