spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ande8150

join:2012-04-15
North York, ON

[Mobile] Sympatico Email With Bell Mobility (Cellular)

Does Bell provide Sympatico email service with their Mobility / cellular accounts? If I have a Sympatico email address free with a turbo stick internet account that I cancel, can I have the email address tied to my cell account instead so I don't lose the address when I cancel my turbo stick?

urbang33k

join:2010-02-13
Canada
kudos:1

I don't think email is a 'value added feature' with mobility service.

I'm inclined to say no at this point but someone feel free to correct me if they know otherwise.

You could also try posting this question in the direct forum. They may or may not be able to help you.
--
Opinions and ideas expressed in my post are my own and in no way represent those of Bell Canada Enterprises, Bell Canada, Bell TV, Bell Internet, Bell Mobility, Bell Technical Solutions, Expertech, or any other partners under the BCE umbrella.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
reply to ande8150

said by ande8150:

Does Bell provide Sympatico email service with their Mobility / cellular accounts? If I have a Sympatico email address free with a turbo stick internet account that I cancel, can I have the email address tied to my cell account instead so I don't lose the address when I cancel my turbo stick?

I don't believe so. The e-mail addy usually disappears with the turbo stick.
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

ande8150

join:2012-04-15
North York, ON
reply to ande8150

Confirmed by Bell Direct team that they can not add it to a mobility account.

Cloneman

join:2002-08-29
Montreal
kudos:3
reply to ande8150

ISP-tied email address are a strong means of retention (not to say extortion) and should be avoided if you're not already committed in terms of many years reliance on it.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada

why not just use a hotmail address on your bell mobilite phone? its practically the same thing, the only thing different is the end part. @hotmail vs @bell, but it works exactly the same, and the @hotmail is Free, not tied to any isp, where as the @bell one is.
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!