Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

CaptEd
Premium
join:2003-01-25
Overland Park, KS

[Tampa] Sudden loss of connectivity - Crystal River FL

Unable to get RR tech support (chat) to give me status on my modem connection or tell me if there is an outage in the area. Can someone here help?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148

Yep...open a direct forums thread and include your modem MAC address and I'll take a look.

Beware u

join:2009-12-26
reply to CaptEd

It happens to me quite often - usually late at night- and I am located not too far from you south on US19 at WW.
I contacted BH but they show no down service.
When that happens, look at your Modem to see if you have the 4 Green dots lit... if not then it is a Modem connection problem and you have to shut down, wait a while and reboot,,, if still no 4 solid green lights( i have the same Motorola for 7 years), and it is late at night I would call it a night and wait until the next day.
If you have 4 solid green lites and you have a router then the problem lies with it.... and you do the same: shut down -wait restart.
in summary if you have a Modem and Router: SHUT DOWN everything, wait 5 minutes and restart MODEM Only ... if you get 4 solid green lights then start Router wait until it boots + green lights and then start PC.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148
reply to CaptEd

Actually his problem has nothing to do with the area. If however you are having problems of your own our direct forums are a great place to get that resolved.