site

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
This is a sub-selection from more tests that fail....

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to micah_675

Re: more tests that fail....

I would like to take a moment to point out that MOST the lost packets and EXCESSIVE latency jumps are occurring at the last hop. This means your modem/router. I would be interested in seeing a ping plotter set to one of your game servers or a dns server you are currently using.

micah_675

join:2012-02-13
Clovis, NM
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

Well Tuesday they left a modem the techs use to see what was going on. They told me they believed my modem may be the issue, note this is my 4th modem. Well the modem they left shouted the same problems as mine. Yesterday a tech put in a new drop from the street. Low and behold the issue has subsided. I still get lower than advertised speeds on downloads but the tech admitted that some of the other nodes in town are over sold. The house I used to live at was on one such node. He said they have bought the equipment to upgrade that now but have yet to install it.

I do find it rather poor that I have had to be instrumental in figuring out what is wrong. I cannot in good conscious suggest Suddenlink to anyone. Luckily I will be leaving this town for good soon.

My only suggestion to anyone having problems is push hard for a manager to call you. Afterward ask for a tech supervisor to go to your house with the techs. Get as much visibility to your problem as possible. With enough effort you will get someone working on your problem.

To Mr. Abel,

I understand why you are on a site like this offering assistance directly. It is a good thing, however I believe your time will be better spent upgrading your network. Upgrading the speed on over-utilized networks will only compound your problems. You can very easily have a great product and have much greater ratings. Please focus on your service, upgrading, and development the other issues with speed and satisfaction will improve with that effort.

Micah

micah_675

join:2012-02-13
Clovis, NM
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to moldypickle

Click for full size
first run of ping plotter
Here is a ping plotter graph for you
This is a sub-selection from more tests that fail....