guybrush0

join:2012-12-30
Port Richey, FL

[Southeast] help with port forwarding

Click for full size
actiontec port fwd
Click for full size
Hi guys,

Sorry I am new to all of this. I am trying to set up an ftp server and i am trying to open a port on my actiontec router so I can connect to it. I thought I did it right as you can see from the first screenshot, but when I go to canyouseeme.org and test the port, it says its blocked? (2nd screenshot) Any help would be greatly appreciated

brianmcd
Premium
join:2000-09-06
Norristown, PA
Try taking a look at:

»portforward.com/

hubrisnxs

join:2009-12-30
Fountain Valley, CA
kudos:3
you look like you port forwarded properly in the actiontec.

You probably have a firewall blocking you. Have you checked windows firewall or whatever third party firewall you have? Also do you have just one or TWO routers?

»Verizon Online FiOS FAQ »Port Forwarding Instructions for the FiOS MI424 Router

»www.pcwintech.com/common-problem ··· rwarding

guybrush0

join:2012-12-30
Port Richey, FL
Thank you for the reply...I only have one router, and the only software firewall I have is the windows firewall, but I had already tried disabling it to no avail

birdfeedr
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI
kudos:9
reply to guybrush0
Looking at your port forward screen shot, it looks like you are trying to get a server running on a non-standard port. Try first to get it running on the standard port first. Maybe you've already done that.

If you can't make the connection on the non-standard port, it may be because the server isn't listening on that port. Here's a very useful tool to set up a listener on a specified port. That at least will verify your port forward is working. »www.softpedia.com/get/Security/S ··· er.shtml