Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Fallen_Anjel

join:2011-04-07
Rocky Point, NY
reply to Fallen_Anjel

Re: Problems with boxes since update

Re: my last post where I had to schedule The Middle, The Neighbors and Modern Family to stop on time. The Middle and The Neighbors started and ended on time. I missed the last 30 seconds of "The Neighbors" and when I played Modern Family there was indeed a lapse in between.

Well guess what? Even tho I set Modern Family to stop and end on time and it was correct as of my last post, the time changed on the "Scheduled recordings" list and it recorded for 47 minutes so I got 17 minutes of "Suburgatory" (which I don't watch)

The saga continues!

OptimumTV

@verizon.net
I had problems as well; I switched out my NEW from last May Samsung boxes for Refurbished SAMSUNG with the Optimum Logo so far my problems have gone away. I was not happy about losing my brand new boxes, but if the service does not work what is the point in having them. I was told the some of the boxes had become corrupted after the update.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
If that's the case why couldn't they just do a fresh install on new boxes?

OptimumTV

@verizon.net
They can't do that I was told over the phone. I wish they could.

Fallen_Anjel

Rocky Point, NY
@OptimumTV: THAT makes so much sense!! I can totally see the boxes getting "corrupted" after the update.

When I upgrade to Boost Plus, I told them I didn't have a car and wouldn't be able to get to the Optimum store (two town buses for almost an hour just to go 10 miles away--suffolk bus sucks), they mailed me my Docsis and gave me a shipping label to ship the old one back.

so, maybe they'll ship me a new box. I'll have to call them.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
reply to OptimumTV
said by OptimumTV :

They can't do that I was told over the phone. I wish they could.

There is a way to reformat/reset the SA boxes, I bet someone has found out how to do it on the Samsungs by now.

Fallen_Anjel

Rocky Point, NY
reply to Fallen_Anjel
Hahaha, yet MORE problems!

General Hospital and Katie did not record for me Monday. I have them both set to "record series", "5 episodes" and "until I erase". Thought maybe it wasn't on, asked on FB and others said it was on.

So I check the "scheduled recordings" and I see that GH is not scheduled for at ALL this entire week but it is scheduled like usual starting next Monday.

Katie was not scheduled for Mon, Tue or Wed. But was scheduled as normal starting Thursday.

So I tried to "record series" starting w/ Tuesday for GH. Oddly enough "Record Series" was NOT an option. It wasn't an option for Katie either. So I set GH and Katie to record each day. I confirmed it in the "Scheduled recordings"

WEll guess what? I check the DVR Tuesday evening and son-of-a-gun, both GH and Katie RECORDED TWICE !!!! Neither show were in the "scheduled recordings" list on Monday at 5pm. And now they are.

So add that to the list.