spc
uniqs

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo to pandora

to pandora

Re: Hardwood floor storage question

If your basement is not too humid, it could do.
The temperature in a basement is typically very stable throughout the year. Humidity level can be managed with a dehumidifier and proper packaging of said wood.

Renting a self-storage might be a bit overkill. I think the smallest units in conditioned spaces run around 150$ a month.

Anyway: Attic is no go. Too hot and humid in summer, too cold in winter.

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru

MVM

said by alkizmo:

Renting a self-storage might be a bit overkill. I think the smallest units in conditioned spaces run around 150$ a month.

US-CAD exchange rate must suck these days. Around here, a 5'x5' climate controlled storage closet will run you as little as about $25. Larger sizes available for proportionally more.
67845017 (banned)
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned)

But what a pain storing it on an off-site location would be. 50-60 boxes to cart to two different places.

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo to cdru

to cdru
said by cdru:

US-CAD exchange rate must suck these days. Around here, a 5'x5' climate controlled storage closet will run you as little as about $25. Larger sizes available for proportionally more.

ACtually it's pretty much 1:1, but the retailers still get to gouge us.
I guess for the storage it depends of what is around. Here I don't see anything that's 5x5, especially for 25$. The 150$ was for a 10x10, and it depends of the location too (Just like apartment rental).

sempergoofy
Premium Member
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA

sempergoofy

Premium Member

Checking just one facility that I have used within the last year, a 5x5 foot climate controlled room runs $55 or more depending on floor level (elevator required or not). A 5x10 starts at $73.