join:2008-12-22
Canada
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Primus Telecommu..
reply to TBBroadband

Re: Century link -- Recent changes that you may not noticed

said by TBBroadband:

The best part of the FCC is they do no regulate the Internet in the US. They only make suggestions. This is why they're often sued and nobody cares to follow what they have to say.

I know retail internet isn't regulated, but the way they advertise it, is.

VegasG

join:2013-01-03
Las Vegas, NV
reply to halfzero2

Well, I didn't need any confirmation that cancelling CenturyLink was a good idea but they decided to hit me with a $16 fee for cancelling the account despite being a customer for more than a year.

I'm off to the public utility commission sites here in Nevada to file a complaint.

What a disgusting way to do business from a pathetic excuse for an ISP.

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5

CL is going to charge you $16 to DC the service? No contract, right? Month-to-month agreement. right?

Did you "sign" any agreement when you started service?

I hope you are paying by CC, then you have a hammer; just dispute the charges.
--
"You can observe a lot by watching". Yogi Berra

Vegas Guy

@embarqhsd.net
reply to Irish Shark

Well, I didn't need any confirmation that cancelling CenturyLink was a good idea but they decided to hit me with a $16 fee for cancelling the account despite being a customer for more than a year.

I'm off to the public utility commission sites here in Nevada to file a complaint.

What a disgusting way to do business from a pathetic excuse for an ISP.

VegasG

join:2013-01-03
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Irish Shark

I get billed monthly. I'm waiting for that final bill from these jerks and I'll fight it then.

Just found out that a friend who has CL DSL here in Vegas had a tech come to his house, rewire it and give him a new modem. My experience was several CL reps telling me there wasn't a problem and basically threatening me with a repair visit fee if I scheduled one.

*ssholes! I'm not done with 'em. Time to hit Yelp and several other sites and advise others of my experience with these idiots.