The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to swbrains

Premium Member

to swbrains

Re: Router with parental controls

Being the geeky kind of guy I am I'm seriously thinking about deploying one of these Untangle setups on my own hardware just to check it out and see if this is a reasonable solution for people. What are folks thoughts about my creating a dedicated thread we can call it "The Untangle Project" where we could discuss all aspects of the hardware, deployment, operation etc...
rabeatz
join:2012-11-26
Winter Springs, FL

rabeatz

I run untangle on a "rackable solutions" server for my office. Makes VPN setup really easy as well. A shame there isn't a version that could run on DD-WRT!

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to BHNtechXpert

MVM

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Being the geeky kind of guy I am I'm seriously thinking about deploying one of these Untangle setups on my own hardware just to check it out and see if this is a reasonable solution for people. What are folks thoughts about my creating a dedicated thread we can call it "The Untangle Project" where we could discuss all aspects of the hardware, deployment, operation etc...

If you do, consider the "Networking" forum. This sounds like something that would be of generic interest to all cable and DSL users, not just BHN.