share rss forum feed

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
reply to J E F F

Re: What I would do if Voltage has my IP Address

said by J E F F:

Depends on the settlement. If it's $200, sure. If it's $5,000, I doubt it. Maybe the plan is to settle what the market can bare, I don't know. But even if 1% decides to fight it, then that 1% will ruin it for Voltage to take it to the next level...Rogers, Bell, Telus, Videotron, Shaw, Cogeco...

Their legal counsel and bean counters have worked out the tipping point that anyone with legal advice will settle. A few people like myself, even if offered to settle for a dollar, will exhibit a tenacity that will wish they never encountered us.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1

Well bless you and the other 1%.

This is going to be very interesting to watch as it unfolds.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

said by J E F F:

Well bless you and the other 1%.

It's not like people like me are naturally altruistic, though many are, we are just obstinate and inclined to fight.

In ancient times we wouldn't survive long, probably not into adulthood, or would go on to lead great campaigns.

We are not really motivated by the opponent but the principle or righteous cause or our own sense of hubris.

However we are often wrong and subject to great prejudice because of it.

But one thing usually results. Those who encounter us tread cautiously upon subsequent encounters.