All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Kestion
@bell.ca

Kestion

Anon

Epic long hold times the norm with Teksavvy?

People give Cogeco, Bell or Rogers a hard time when it comes to calling support usually in the realm of waiting 10 - 20 minutes, but today seems to 1.5 hours + and maybe more if I hadn't hung up.

The frustrating thing is that you initially get an option to leave your number and get a call back but that option disappears after you've been on hold to he point where you WANT to leave your number. So after you've waited 40 minutes you're basically... "fuck, I now want that option to leave a message so I don't have to wait on a 2 hour hold but it's gone!"

Is this disturbingly long hold time normal?

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan
join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.

AkFubar

I called on Friday and hold time was only a couple of minutes.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to Kestion

Premium Member

to Kestion
I never phone in, Direct Forum's is my main vector: otherwise I use the Official TekSavvy Forums I consider wait times on those methods to be somewhat more effective. Then again texting is so much easier for a Deafie

Though forum posts take a little whiles, and isn't really quite like instant messaging, which by the way would be a cool application to have if we had a TSI-IM system.

I guess if the interwebs goes *POOF*, then I'll hafta leech wifi from one of the neighbors to get onto the forum to send and receive any texts in relation to getting things fixed up. Not such a huge bother, as my next door neighbor is aware and all I have to do is knock and request access for this purpose.

Anyhoo, enough of my rambling's... Carry On!

TSI Eric
TSI David
Premium Member
join:2007-06-25
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

TSI Eric to Kestion

Premium Member

to Kestion
Hi Kestion,

Very sorry about the long hold times for support today. With the holidays we are running with less staff than normal. If there is something I can help with please feel free to send me a PM or make a post in the direct forum so we can help with whatever issue you are experiencing.

Regards,

David

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy

Premium Member

said by TSI Eric:

Hi Kestion,

Very sorry about the long hold times for support today. With the holidays we are running with less staff than normal. If there is something I can help with please feel free to send me a PM or make a post in the direct forum so we can help with whatever issue you are experiencing.

Regards,

David

If TSI David is working, even though you may wait, you'll get a top notch response every single time. I haven't called in since I set up service at my new residence in March...and that was the first time I called...I use the Direct forums just because its easier...and usually most of my requests haven't been time sensitive...I haven't had any tsi related downtime ....ever...(at least post install downtime)...

NSS
@cgocable.net

NSS to TSI Eric

Anon

to TSI Eric
David, I recently waited on hold for a bit maybe 20 minutes or so ago and hit the button to leave my number, I left my number, 20 minutes later I received a call back and heard, "This is Teksavvy's auto-"[dead air]. This was a few minutes ago.

Should I keep waiting for another call back or did I just lose my place in the queue?

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

Then theres the MyWorld callback linky . . .

NSS
@cgocable.net

NSS to NSS

Anon

to NSS
Got through after third round. Not so bad with only a 10 minute wait and a helpful gentleman. Certainly not what I'd classify as 'epic' so maybe OP had a bad time of day?

Teksavvy, not sure if your callback system is working correctly as it calls back and goes through a few seconds of the pre-recorded message but cuts off before the message is complete and goes to dead air.

noemails
@bell.ca

noemails to TSI Eric

Anon

to TSI Eric
ah david you guys at tek are still learning......the holidays mean more people at home not at work and online and messing things up.... when you had the core of teksavvy users your forecasting probably showed you didnt need so many on the phones...as you expand into the unteksavvy....you dont give so many people time off over xmas.....your learning....

David what would you do if everyone of those people on hold for 90minutes all of a sudden posted in the direct forum ? not really bitching i ve never been on tek but when i see directors of branches replying to posts online while people wait for a long time onhold....the priorities are not going in the correct direction. why dont you offer the same turn around time in the direct forum as the people who actually take the timej to call in cause they dont know of this place....seriously put a headset on and kill that queue

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

TSI Andre

Premium Member

Hi Noemails,

This is good feedback and you are correct. More people are home over the holidays however our trends do slow down at this time of year.

Our forecasting is somewhat done manually and we are investigating options to have a better solution so we can avoid stuff like this.

Thanks,
Andre