Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Telus30 mbps

@74.198.150.x

Telus 100% availability on VDSL 2 by tomorrow

»about.telus.com/servlet/ ··· 2012.pdf

Page 15 - Nov 9th 2012 statement:

"We will have 100% of our ADSL footprint covered by VDSL 2 by the end of this year. That is roughly 2.4 million
homes with speeds up to 30 Mbps." -Joe Natale Telus CCO

Happening or hot air ?

Ikarasu

join:2004-01-09
Port Coquitlam, BC
Hot air. My moms stuck on 6M internet, which she realisticvly gets 2M from, and lives in Port moody, a pretty new part of town too.

TierX

join:2009-01-20
Canada
kudos:8
reply to Telus30 mbps
Not surprising as two years ago it was over 80%. Though more accurately, he should be saying our FTTN footprint is now entirely VDSL2.

TierX

Canada
reply to Ikarasu
said by Ikarasu:

Hot air. My moms stuck on 6M internet, which she realisticvly gets 2M from, and lives in Port moody, a pretty new part of town too.

Sorry to hear that, and there are edge cases (which she obviously is). Though if she was really in a new part of town, she wouldn't have DSL at all, but GPON.

jtl999
CEO of Actiontec Dev Team

join:2012-11-24
In the GVRD
kudos:4
reply to Telus30 mbps
I want 50mbps. Can only get 15

TierX

Canada
said by jtl999:

I want 50mbps. Can only get 15

Jtl999 (and only jtl999) private message me your DSL number, I'll see if you can get 25 or 50mbps. There is a good chance loop qual is just being overly conservative, in which case a loop qual override can be done.

Savagex

@telus.net
reply to Telus30 mbps
LOL, no. I'm in an established part of Calgary and am stuck on ADSL2+. Every time I have called in they say it will happen in a batch upgrade or some other bogus excuse. I don't even want 25 or 50 service, just the ability to watch more than 1 HD stream at once...

TierX

Canada
Unless you live in the sticks, there is about a 99% chance you're on a VDSL2 port, but simply in ADSL2+ mode. Private message me your number, we'll see.

jtl999

In the GVRD
reply to TierX
I'm on Shaw right now.

I believe I am on ADSL2+ because I found a telephone box on a pole near my house.

Mindman

join:2012-12-10
Merritt, BC
reply to Telus30 mbps
Yeah im stuck on 15Mpbs still.. hoping to get 25/50mpbs service first quarter of next year.. i need higher speeds

Ikarasu

join:2004-01-09
Port Coquitlam, BC
reply to TierX
It's not brand new, But it's surrounded by a ton of small business's, and is pretty populated... I don't see why it's on the old box. The guy that hooked it up apparently told her, it's such a small box / he hasn't seen one in years, and was surprised...that this is the best speed we'll ever get, until they get a new one hooked up.

It's funny, because I lived about 10 blocks away, and I was on 25M when it just got off trials...

I know boxes are pretty expensive, and it doesn't make sense business wise to upgrade them all, if its not profitable.But I still find it funny in this age, some people are limited at 6M, and they're not even rural.

pfak
Premium
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC
reply to Telus30 mbps
I have friends in Downtown Vancouver stuck on ADSL2+
--
The more I C, the less I see.

TierX

Canada
said by pfak:

I have friends in Downtown Vancouver stuck on ADSL2+

Yes, as they're not on FTTN. The post from Joe Natale should say our FTTN broadband build has been upgraded to VDSL2, as all FTTN sites have been upgraded to VDSL2 line cards. Customers served from a central office, or in an apartment building with an ALU 7302 (ADSL2+ only) obviously wouldn't be included in this list.

Cartel
Premium
join:2006-09-13
Chilliwack, BC
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TELUS
·Shaw
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TierX
said by TierX:

Unless you live in the sticks, there is about a 99% chance you're on a VDSL2 port, but simply in ADSL2+ mode. Private message me your number, we'll see.

Damn, I guess Chilliwack is the sticks!

TierX

Canada
said by Cartel:

said by TierX:

Damn, I guess Chilliwack is the sticks!

No, this doesn't apply to you, as you're not on an FTTN DSLAM.

You're served out of a central office, and are currently on an ADSL2+ only DSLAM. If you order a VDSL2 service, you'll be moved to a VDSL2 DSLAM in your CO.

jtl999

In the GVRD
Reviews:
·TELUS
·Shaw
reply to Telus30 mbps
Does anyone know why I can't get VDSL2 services?