uniqs

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Spider-man 700: Parker dead, Doc Ock the new spider man.

I dunno how I feel about that.
After reading a few of the editor's comments, that Doc Ock wasn't really evil, and Parker had a glimmer of darkness in his heart, I still don't get it.

But then again, I haven't followed any comic book in a long time.

I think it's just an attempt by Marvel/Disney to get a few more bucks, kinda like the whole DC idea of killing Clark Kent a while back.

Nightwing
This is it boys,this is war
Premium Member
join:2002-04-08
CT

Nightwing

Premium Member

I read it. The writer insists the PP is gone for good. I doubt that though. The book is now going to be called The Superior Spider Man. I think it is just another gimmick, eventually PP will be back. Now you have to wonder if the Doc Ock/Spider man will sleep with MJ under the guise of being PP? That would seem like a type of rape to me, so the writers better tread carefully. I read a couple articles and there are several comic shops reporting customers cancelling their ASM/SSM subscriptions in droves.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
While I was never much of a spiderman fan, I personally think this is a retarded way to go. But then again I get annoyed when the comic makers do things like this and killing superman and whom ever else only to have them brought back in another form. Or some other reality. Although for a while when they had several comics that were written in the future (spiderman 2099, Doom 2099, Punisher 2099...) I liked reading those and could accept newer versions of some of them.
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned)

Didn't Marvel kill off Johnny Storm, the Human Torch a few years ago only to revive him?

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I recall they killed Captain America in Marvel Civil Wars.
So it's possible that the Torch has been killed off and returned.
As for Parker, i recall many years ago, that he had a "clone war" of sorts. So maybe it was a clone that was killed off, and the original is hiding away somewhere?

The editor hinted at Spider-man having a "dark" side, which was shown during the early part of the series. Recall how he stood aside and let a criminal run away, and he did nothing. He only took action because his Uncle Ben had gotten killed later that same night.

So this could be an attempt to explore the "dark" side of spidy.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
Well this oughta make for an interesting COMICS! ARE! WEIRD! episode from MovieBob...

Nightwing
This is it boys,this is war
Premium Member
join:2002-04-08
CT

Nightwing to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
Well, basically Doc Ock is dying and figures out how to swap his and PP consciousnesses, so he ends up in PP body and PP ends up in Docs body. PP figures out how to switch them back but it doesn't work because Doc is wearing a protective layer under the Spider Man mask. There is a big fight between the two of them and Spider Man beats the living shit out of Doc Ock.Right before Doc's body dies Peter figures out there is still a link between them and forces all of his memories back into his original body. The new Doc Ock/Spider Man assimilates the memories and swears that he will honor Peter Parker by becoming a superior Spider Man.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
Just a dumb cheap gimmick to get a few extra sales and get some news headlines. Spider-man turned to crap with brand new day.

To me comics have got way to damn serious for their own good. I miss the old days of spierman and xmen with storylines like age of apocalypse.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Hence why I like such titles as Walking Dead and Ferals.

Varlik
Without Honor You Will Never Be Free
Premium Member
join:2002-01-06
Anderson, SC

Varlik to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
Why does memories of Clones pop into my mind.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

It did with me as well. I'm not sure if Marvel ever killed off all the Parker clones or not.

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
Ew, horrible.

I used to collect comics, back in the 90s. I collected all the Spider series at the time, Amazing, Spectacular, Web, and the self-titles one. Then the clone overkill came, and I just stopped buying them all. I can accept killing someone and bringing them back, it's a fantasy, so no one is ever truly "dead", they can just appear out of a warp gate one day. Remember Rogue from X-Men? She was my favorite, they killed her, and brought her back. Wolverine lost his Adamantium coating when Magneto ripped it out. He got that back too.

This story seems kind of similar to the Knightfall story with Batman and Azrael. Azrael made one badass Batman, but went too far, and Bruce had to fight him to take it back.

Still love my What The? comics.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
whats funny is ok now old doc is willing to be a hero he said that like 5 mins after murdering peter packer and watching him die in his old body. I mean if he bangs MJ it will pretty much be rape.

Damn this story line sounds so forking dumb glad I quit comics years ago. It's like marvel is out to ruin the spider-man comic. Bread new day started it all and this is the last blow.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan

Premium Member

we can only hope that Doc Ock killed the whiney Tobey Maguire version of Peter Parker....

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
It sounds like an anime-like plot point to me.

You know bad guys aren't really bad, just misunderstood.

With so many of these comic book people having grown up with anime it goes to figure that they'd start commingling ideas they liked.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
Parker is not dead for good, there will be a timeline screw and he will be back.

I mean Rory died nine times on Doctor Who!