All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Michael9009
join:2006-07-28
Toronto, ON

Michael9009 to yyzlhr

to yyzlhr

Re: HELP, Wireless! Dinged $383.5 in SMS Charges. What to do?

said by yyzlhr:

And yes, you hit it right on the nail, this is a communications issue. What they offered you is a "CAP" offer. Cashless Adjustment Program. These are offers that give a feature for free for a short period of time and are intended as an alternative to actual credits. These CAP offers will fall off automatically on the expiration date. Unfortunately this was never communicated to you, leaving you to believe that you would simply be charged the regular price after the two month period. Any CSR with any sort of common sense would have been able to piece this together...

It is strange that the offered me a CAP offer when I asked to have my SMS plan upgraded from 500 outgoing messages to unlimited messages and, somehow in the process, I was left with no plan at all and a huge bill.
said by yyzlhr:

As for the 411 charges, it's very rare for a customer to be charged for a 411 call that was never initiated. What kind of phone do you have? Perhaps you have an app from a lest than reliable author that is dialling 411 in the background. You can bring this up with the OOP and they may just credit you back as well considering it's only $2.50 if they refuse you can ask them to launch an investigation to prove that the charges are legitimate.

At the time of the 411 charge I had an iPhone 4. More recently, I upgraded to an iPhone 5. There should be no rogue application dialling 411 as it never happened to me before (and I haven't installed any new applications recently).
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by Michael9009:

It is strange that the offered me a CAP offer when I asked to have my SMS plan upgraded from 500 outgoing messages to unlimited messages and, somehow in the process, I was left with no plan at all and a huge bill.

Well you were talking about cancelling, the rep likely thought that by giving you a feature free for two months would prevent you from cancelling. Unfortunately, a breakdown in communication led to some unintended consequences.

Michael9009
join:2006-07-28
Toronto, ON

Michael9009

said by yyzlhr:

Well you were talking about cancelling, the rep likely thought that by giving you a feature free for two months would prevent you from cancelling. Unfortunately, a breakdown in communication led to some unintended consequences.

Maybe. But there were two issues here: (i) the discount which he was not willing to renew, hence my cancellation threat; and (ii) me specifically asking him to upgrade my SMS plan from 500 to unlimited messages as in the coming months I was anticipating that I would need more than what the old SMS plan was providing.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

File a complaint online with the Office of the President. Talk to them. If they won't pull the call logs and resolve this properly, ask to escalate it to the Ombudsman at Rogers (who can and does pull call logs).

If they won't escalate to Ombudsman, file a complaint with CCTS. »www.ccts-cprst.ca/
Make sure to rite down days & times you were on the phone with Rogers to sort this out, so that you can show a log of actually trying to work this out with Rogers. If its excessive, you may be able to get money out of Rogers for sitting on the phone with them constantly to get it worked out.

zacron
Premium Member
join:2008-11-26
Frozen Hoth

zacron

Premium Member

Resa, don't you work for Acanac? You're screen name looks familiar.

Zacron
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

said by zacron:

Resa, don't you work for Acanac? You're screen name looks familiar.

Zacron

Nope. I work for a very small accounting firm here in Toronto.
Might recognize me from the Rogers vs WoW threads, but I mostly post in TSI's forum, and Cdn Broadband, keeping ppl up to date on speedmatching filings.