Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

1 recommendation

Johkal to jaynick

MVM

to jaynick

Re: [Bill] Is anybody else's HSI going up?

Click for full size
I'm in the same boat as you. My only choice is Comcast or Windstream DSL.

My present invoice shows 29.99 (Promotion/6months), but my normal offering is shown above.
wTheOnew
join:2012-03-09

wTheOnew

said by Johkal:

I'm in the same boat as you. My only choice is Comcast or Windstream DSL.

My present invoice shows 29.99 (Promotion/6months), but my normal offering is shown above.

At least you're in an area that got the speed bump. I'm paying more than that for less than half the speed. It's depressing how expensive for the speed it is compared to a lot of other areas...

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

My area is fortunate to be fed by State College, PA which gets all the bells & whistles & has the option of Verizon FiOS. That is why we get upgraded quickly, but unfortunately Verizon ends just about 5 miles down the road from me.

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
ARRIS SB6183
Netgear R7000

RR Conductor

Premium Member

DSL just became available at our place this summer from AT&T, but it's the slowest package they have, 768 Kbps, not even worth the 20 bucks they want for it. There are a couple of WISP's here too, but we can't see their sites due to forest cover and hills in the way, they're kinda pricey anyway. Then there's satellite HSI, but that's expensive and has those HORRIBLE FAP's, it's really just an option for those that can't get anything else. I think Comcast knows they have a stranglehold on good, fast broadband out here, and takes full advantage of the fact to keep prices high.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

DSL in your area is pitiful. I just checked the Windstream offerings and have the following:

3Mbps - 47.99 w/phone - 49.99
6Mbps - 49.99 w/phone - 51.99
12Mbps - 52.99 w/phone - 54.99

Not so bad.

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
ARRIS SB6183
Netgear R7000

RR Conductor

Premium Member

said by Johkal:

DSL in your area is pitiful. I just checked the Windstream offerings and have the following:

3Mbps - 47.99 w/phone - 49.99
6Mbps - 49.99 w/phone - 51.99
12Mbps - 52.99 w/phone - 54.99

Not so bad.

Lol Yeah, true AT&T does have a lot faster DSL via UVerse in Ukiah, Willits, etc, but we're too far from the CO (located in Calpella, only about 2 physical miles from our house, but 20,000+ cable feet), which is why we are only being offered the lowest tier, I am betting they finally put in Remote Terminal's around us last summer, otherwise we still wouldn't have DSL available.