Insert Witty Phrase Here
Premium Member
join:2000-04-13
West Brookfield, MA

sgarrand

Premium Member

[MLB] Summer road trip.

Hey All,

My brother lives in the MD/DC area and wants me to plan a trip that includes 4 parks in 5 days in July. I need help from any locals. Getting to the park from a hotel in Philly is my biggest concern.

Here are the games:

July 4th, 1:35 PM: PHI @ PIT (Hotel stay in PIT)
July 5th, 7:05 PM: ATL @ PHI (Hotel stay in PHI)
July 7th, Time TBD: SD @ WAS
July 8th, 7:05 PM: TEX @ BAL

Of these parks, I've only been to Camden Yards. I know it's 6 months away but I'm a big baseball fan who's going through withdrawals so I'm planning this. The biggest things are Hotels in PIT and PHI (~$100 range) and transportation/parking to/from Hotels and PIT/PHI parks.

We'll be driving to PNC Park in Pittsburgh from the hotel and most likely taking public transportation from the hotel in Philadelphia to Citizens Bank Park.

Scott

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

Sounds like a good trip!

capecoddah
join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA

capecoddah to sgarrand

to sgarrand
Balt is a great place to watch baseball.
I want to see Washington while it's still cheap.

Phill & Pitt?
You live dangerously with a Yankees logo in Mass.
Don't catch a battery to the head. Wearing beige is bad
Been there, done that. Yankees/Red Sox fans are NORMAL compared to them.

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06
DSotM

rockotman to sgarrand

Premium Member

to sgarrand
You will love PNC park. The city skyline rises above the outfield across the river. Parking is relatively cheap with easy access to the park.

Where are you staying? If towards the south, I would recommend parking near Station Square and riding ferry to the stadium. If to the north, east, or west, just park at one of the nearby lots or downtown and walk across the Clemente Bridge to the park.

Since you will be there on the 4th, expect a shitload of traffic and parking to be a bit more difficult that usual, as there is always a big, all day festival in down town (dahn-tahn, for the locals) that culminates in a fireworks display at night. I'm not sure if the ferry will even be running that day, as they tend to block off the confluence for the fireworks barges that are staged for the night's festivities.