TierX
join:2009-01-20
Canada

TierX to ilianame

to ilianame

Re: [BC] Shaw is a rip-off

said by ilianame:

OFC before that's possible, the last mile needs to be taken back,
the content provider's geo-loction restrictions would have to be demolished, and on top of that - the most important thing:

CONSUMER'S HAVE TO BECOME AWARE OF THE REAL NEGLIGIBLE COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE SERVICES.

ROFL

I find it funny how much people hugely underestimate FTTH deployment costs. It isn't in the hundreds of millions folks, it's literally f**king billions of dollars for Alberta and BC alone. Neither Shaw or TELUS is going to undertake such a thing; at least without significant cash infusion from the government.
ilianame
join:2002-06-05
Burnaby, BC

1 recommendation

ilianame

$4k per household

Telus Forum: "http://www.dslreports.com/forum/telus"

They need your help, we actually have Shaw reps here

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

1 edit

kevinds to TierX

Premium Member

to TierX
There was one research company in the US that said it would be around $140 billion to get every house in the US on fiber.

Probably about the same here because people are spread a little further apart and there is much more land to cover, but less homes.

I'll find the study when I get back from dinner, blah, for the people who care, they can Google it.
TierX
join:2009-01-20
Canada

TierX to ilianame

to ilianame
said by ilianame:

$4k per household

It's actually about 1/2 that now, for each home past, and another $1k per home connected. Still silly expensive though.