uniqs
share rss forum feed

DataRiker
Premium
join:2002-05-19

4 edits
reply to dbeatson

Re: NEWS: AT&T Plans Slew of U-Verse Updates in 2013

Uversetech, most techs just run an AMT with no meter attached. It seems to be the only way to get the help line nazi's to approve a helper ticket, then you just add a note telling the IR tech what is really going on. ( this method doesn't work on inids )

So, in other words ATT spent 25 cents trying to save a nickel. Can you imagine the absolute waste and cost of having another department with its own national call center, just to have all techs circumvent it?

UverseTech

join:2012-08-04
You know whats so funny that for the last couple years I just toned my own pairs, I got tired of the nonsense and waiting on IR. The iNids down south, I always went to the terminal and found 2 clean pairs that read 4174+ and rocked on. There were always at least 2, and at the VRAD I would have MLAC assign the last 2 available on the last card, it worked like a champ.

I cannot remember the last copper ticket I put in, none in Texas I think just a couple in Kansas fall 2011.

I loved Texas because the IR techs were so busy they could care less if we did their work, unlike the midwest where some buddies did the same on a regular basis and IR would sneak up and put in a grievance.