how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Pranksters

join:2009-04-05
Chatham, ON

Email sending out as a different account

On my account I have two email addresses. I will send an email under one account, that email will be amswered and returned, and when I goto return that email it sends out under the second account registered. The same applies if I use the secondary account mentioned on the orginal outgoing email. Cogeco is stumped at fixing the problem. Any ideas? Thanks!!

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
Pranksters, I'd like to help you but I can't understand your problem. Can you elaborate on your issue? It sounds like you need to configure your email client appropriately for what you want to do but I'm not entirely sure I understand what you want to do.

Pranksters

Chatham, ON
reply to Pranksters
urbanriot: Thanks for the reply. i will try to clarify things.

So I have had cogeco for years running winmail on a vista driven pc. With everything running good, and nothing has changed on my end to my knowledge. After cogeco had their email problems a little while back my problems started. Cogeco has been out to look at the problem and found nothing and they left it as is.

I have 2 email accounts on winmail, it is setup to check for email on both accounts.

I will generate an email under my account sending to anyone in general. That person will reply to the original email. When I go to respond to that email they send back, winmail will respond to them from the second account I have. All the while the entire conversation is generated from my original account but showing everyone both of my email accounts.

Hope this helps.

urbanriot
Premium
Canada
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
Just to clarify. We have Windows Mail on Vista and...

1. You send as 'one@cogeco.ca' email to friend.

2. Friend replied to 'one@cogeco.ca'.

3. You receive reply sent to 'one@cogeco'ca'.

3. You want to reply back to this same friend but this time it goes out as two@cogeco.ca instead of one?

Pranksters

Chatham, ON
reply to Pranksters
Correct urbanriot

Thanks

RedMageX

join:2011-10-06
Oakville, ON
I would double check carefully before you hit the send button that it shows which email you are sending from.

Typical email clients that are handling more than one email address will allow you to select which email account to send out from on that particular email. It's possible that the program keeps switching on it's own (This is Microsoft after all ;p), and you may not have noticed it happening.

I've seen this before when I was using Windows Live Mail on my Win 7 PC, so at least from the description of what is happening, I believe that's most likely exactly what is happening.

Pranksters

Chatham, ON
reply to Pranksters
RedMagex. Thanks for the reply. Before sending the email I do check what address is shown and it always shows the one that is needed or as the original address used. But the receiver sees it as address number 2

urbanriot
Premium
Canada
Are you sure that under the account settings for your second account, that the send-as email address isn't set to the first account?

It sounds like you're sending from the right account but the address you've entered into it is not correct.

Pranksters

Chatham, ON
reply to Pranksters
Yes I am sure. I just checked it. And as I carry on an email conversation every Emil response I sent it switches addresses every time.

Mr Bell Guy

@bellmobilite.ca
try deleting your email profiles and re-creating it, it could be an error in this client ive never heard of called "win mail"???

urbanriot
Premium
Canada
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
said by Mr Bell Guy :

try deleting your email profiles and re-creating it, it could be an error in this client ive never heard of called "win mail"???

"Windows Mail", default mail client in Windows Vista before Microsoft discontinued pre-packaged mail clients.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada
said by urbanriot:

"Windows Mail", default mail client in Windows Vista before Microsoft discontinued pre-packaged mail clients.

did u follow his suggestion and did it fix the problem? u never mentioned?
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

Pranksters

Chatham, ON
reply to Pranksters
Many times I have reset he accounts with no avail. Thanks

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium,VIP
join:2011-07-11
kudos:6
reply to Pranksters
I honestly have no idea what would be causing this. I thought maybe there was a reply-to address that was mistaken, but that would be different symptoms.

The only other suggestion I can make is go through the mail client settings and see if there's some setting called "always respond using" or something like that.

The other thing you could try is setting it up in another mail client (Thunderbird for instance) and see if it happens there. If not, it's probably an issue with Windows Mail.

Pranksters

Chatham, ON
reply to Pranksters
I will have try that Aaron thanks. Will advise my findings