ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru to robbin

Premium Member

to robbin

Re: Electrical Layout in a home

No problems. Would just like to have the bath own its own.

sk1939
Premium Member
join:2010-10-23
Frederick, MD

sk1939

Premium Member

Could always run a new circuit just for the bathroom, and disconnect and abandon the old wire in place.

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin to ropeguru

Mod

to ropeguru
OK -- just run a new circuit to the bath for one or two outlets. Leave everything else alone. Houses of that age didn't have much in the way of bath outlets normally anyways.

ropeguru
Premium Member
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

Will be easier to run new for bedroom.

Path of current wire is as follows:

Breaker panel up to attic, down into bathroom wall, out of bathroom wall into basement, then to bedroom outlets. Hence why I was just looking at tying in a new piece of 12/2 romex for the bedroom.

Breaker panel is in basement. Would abandon the run from the bathroom wall to the basement.

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo

said by ropeguru:

Breaker panel is in basement. Would abandon the run from the bathroom wall to the basement.

Yeah, same idea, basically you just make sure the bathroom is on its own. Those hair dryers can pull a full 15A.

ropeguru
Premium Member
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

Yep...

At some point I will probably replace the entire run when I remodel the bath. Bring the circuit in from the basement instead of the attic as the wall design is cinder block with firing strips and plaster wall. Don't like the wire runs sitting loose between the two.