Ricanlegend

join:2011-05-18
Bronx, NY
reply to Bob4

Re: New subscriber

said by Bob4:

said by storrnyc:

Same service will be +50 cheaper.

Probably not the same. OOL is probably slower than what you're used to.

am pretty sure he will be happy with the $600 he will save during the first year, after that you can always go back to Verizon as a new customer And keep doing this as long as you want

storrnyc

join:2012-12-29
Pretty much what I will do. Are there any hardware Pieces I should request/stay away from?

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
You'll get whatever the installer (who is a contractor, not a Cablevision employee) has on his truck. When I had my Cablevision service installed, the installer gave me the wrong box (HD instead of SD), which was dirty and had a cracked case. I had to drive 30 miles to a Cablevision store to get the proper box.

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Ricanlegend
said by Ricanlegend:

said by Bob4:

said by storrnyc:

Same service will be +50 cheaper.

Probably not the same. OOL is probably slower than what you're used to.

am pretty sure he will be happy with the $600 he will save during the first year,

Unless he thinks the CV network DVR works like the Fios whole-house DVR. He'll be in for a rude awakening.

storrnyc

Only getting one box for the living room. I have forbidden the wife to save anything like real housewives of.... this time around.

HardwareGeek

join:2003-11-15
Brooklyn, NY
Even if she doesn't record anything good luck having anything you want recorded, recorded.

My mom has free dvr plus or what ever its called and it works only when it feels like it.
--
Email/MSN: Michael at hardwaregeeks.comAIM: MikeR35292

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA
kudos:3
Does Southern Westchester have the DVR Plus, I thought they still had the 8300?

storrnyc

Install was both painful and painless. Not an overly happy technician on a NYE day just wanting to go quick and no chat. Was given a Samsung SMT-C5320 ST box, an ARRIS TM822 modem and a Netgear WNDR3400 router. The STB has the new UI(which my old company designed). They are yet to still add my international calling and the DVR+ was not set up at all. After calling the DVR service was added but its painfully slow to record a show or update the recorded list. Unmanageably slow. Hopefully its because it was only just added....

The misses loves the ipad app. she has not looked up at the main screen yet....

jaa
Premium
join:2000-06-13
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Optimum Online

1 recommendation

said by storrnyc:

The misses loves ...

Does anything else matter??

And welcome to DSLR.
--
NOTHING justifies terrorism. We don't negotiate with terrorists. Those that support terrorists are terrorists.

HardwareGeek

join:2003-11-15
Brooklyn, NY
reply to storrnyc
no your dvr+ is unmanageable slow because it's crap and it will always be like that.
--
Email/MSN: Michael at hardwaregeeks.comAIM: MikeR35292

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by HardwareGeek:

no your dvr+ is unmanageable slow because it's crap and it will always be like that.

Welcome to Cablevision!