I've lost about 1.0 Mbps lately without anything really changing during peak hours. Right now it seems I've lost about 0.7 Mbps. I've done everything, unplug/plug, check connections at the outside box, and bypassed the router. I called ATT and they were no help either, they said everything is fine on their side. I was over 1.5 Mbps so they wouldn't do anything. Last time I asked someone here was when I first started on DSL and the full ramp up did not take effect. You guys did a great job and brought me up to speed. My conspiracy theory is that they are slowing me down to get me to change to Uverse.
1) Which AT&T DSL Package do you have ï¿½
Pro (3.0Mbps down)
2) Which modem brand and model do you have? motorola 2210-02-1022
3) Are you using a router? If so, provide the brand and model.
4) Is your PPPoE login info (username & password) modem
5) Describe the lights on the modem when the trouble occurs. All normal lights are green
6) Confirm that youï¿½ve checked to ensure that ALL devices plugged into the wall jacks serviced by your DSL phone number (except the DSL modem) have filters fitted. Yes
7) Confirm that youï¿½ve powered off the modem and started it again and whether or not that made any changes with your problem.
8) Do you hear any type of noise on the DSL phone line or any other unusual telephone symptoms? No
9) Provide line stats as followsï¿½
c) From a Motorola 2210 --DSL Information
Line State Up
Data Path interleaved
To Modem To Internet
Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 2144 512
SN Margin (dB) 6.0 20.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 55.0 31.0
Loss of signal 0 748
Loss of frame 0 0
CRC Errors 107 7
MAX SPEED USED TO BE ABOUT 3000
10) If you have a speed problem, use the AT&T Speed Test here --
AT&T UP-1.78 DOWN 0.42
Speedtest- UP-1.84 Down 0.43
It used to be consistently 2.5 down on Speedtest in the past.