All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
geneod
join:2003-09-07
Los Angeles, CA

geneod

[Speed Problem] Slower speeds in the past 2-3 months.

I've lost about 1.0 Mbps lately without anything really changing during peak hours. Right now it seems I've lost about 0.7 Mbps. I've done everything, unplug/plug, check connections at the outside box, and bypassed the router. I called ATT and they were no help either, they said everything is fine on their side. I was over 1.5 Mbps so they wouldn't do anything. Last time I asked someone here was when I first started on DSL and the full ramp up did not take effect. You guys did a great job and brought me up to speed. My conspiracy theory is that they are slowing me down to get me to change to Uverse. Thanks.

1) Which AT&T DSL Package do you have �
Pro (3.0Mbps down)

2) Which modem brand and model do you have? motorola 2210-02-1022
3) Are you using a router? If so, provide the brand and model.
Netgear wgt624

4) Is your PPPoE login info (username & password) modem

5) Describe the lights on the modem when the trouble occurs. All normal lights are green

6) Confirm that you�ve checked to ensure that ALL devices plugged into the wall jacks serviced by your DSL phone number (except the DSL modem) have filters fitted. Yes

7) Confirm that you�ve powered off the modem and started it again and whether or not that made any changes with your problem.
Yes
8) Do you hear any type of noise on the DSL phone line or any other unusual telephone symptoms? No

9) Provide line stats as follows�

c) From a Motorola 2210 --DSL Information
Line State Up
Modulation DMT
Data Path interleaved

To Modem To Internet
Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 2144 512
SN Margin (dB) 6.0 20.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 55.0 31.0
Loss of signal 0 748
Loss of frame 0 0
CRC Errors 107 7

MAX SPEED USED TO BE ABOUT 3000

10) If you have a speed problem, use the AT&T Speed Test here --
AT&T UP-1.78 DOWN 0.42
Speedtest- UP-1.84 Down 0.43
It used to be consistently 2.5 down on Speedtest in the past.
geneod

geneod

Unless someone else can chime in, I posted this in the wrong forum initially. I've also posted in Direct. TIA.

d_l
Barsoom
MVM
join:2002-12-08
Reno, NV

d_l

MVM

Has your DL SNR always been 6.0? Has your attenuation increased lately?

Your line is training down in speed. Does a modem reboot help the sync speed if only for a short while?

Checking the sync speeds and stats at your NID would help: »AT&T Southeast Forum FAQ »How to check modem stats, synch rates & speeds from test jack at the NID.
geneod
join:2003-09-07
Los Angeles, CA

geneod

Yes, SNR has always been pretty low. I'm pretty sure that the numbers have not changed, but I cannot be sure. It may have gone down from a 9, but it's always been a single digit. I really couldn't do anything that could change any of those numbers. Rebooting does not bring it back to 3000. Last night it was down to about 1600 and a reboot brought it back to 2100. I don't have a NID outside.
geneod

geneod

I don't have an NID as far as I can tell. I've only got what's in the photos. How does the technology get me 18M with the same wiring?

d_l
Barsoom
MVM
join:2002-12-08
Reno, NV

d_l to geneod

MVM

to geneod
You are in an apt, right? How many phone jacks do you have? Have you ever checked the tightness of the wire connections within the jacks?