how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

The_ANoN

@charter.com
reply to I AM

Re: [NFL] Wild Card Weekend Discussion

How crazy would it be to see Washington vs Baltimore in the Super Bowl? Two teams just 45 min away from each other. We all know thats likely not going to happen, though..

Ill take Texans over Bengals, Packers over Vikings, Ravens over Colts, and as far as the Skins-Hawks game, man that might be the best one to watch this weekend. I really dont know who to pick in this match.. Im leaning towards Seattle, but not very confident with that pick.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to capdjq

said by capdjq:

The only caveat I see against a Seattle victory is that the game is in Washington (they are lucky to play in the 2012 sad sack NFC East) where Seattle could founder.

The Seahawks feed off that home crowd, they are a much less dynamic team on the road. I fully expect them to lose in DC.

I read a surprising stat last night on Grantland. Cincinnati has the #1 pass defense in the NFL over the last eight weeks of the season and Houston's pass offense has steadily declined in the last half of the season. Could be a tough day for Houston tomorrow.

Minnesota doesn't beat Green Bay this week. How many times do we see two teams play in consecutive weeks and have the same team win both games? That never happens. Plus, the Vikings need two hundred yards from Peterson just to stay in the game. If he only rushes for 150, they're doomed.

Baltimore just screams out 'overrated'. They're a better team than the Colts but for some reason I'm expecting the Colts to find a way to win this one. If gambling wasn't illegal, this would be the game I'd avoid betting on.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

AB
Premium
join:2006-04-04
Leesburg, VA
kudos:3

said by footballdude:

[If gambling wasn't illegal, this would be the game I'd avoid betting on.

Gambling is not illegal.

Edge1
But these go to 11.
Premium
join:2006-03-01
USA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to footballdude

Baltimore is hardly overrated. Every talking head out there abuses Flacco and talks about the $hitty defense and how they lost 4 of their last 5. And they would be right. I think Baltimore wins vs Indy, but is simply outclassed in round 2, probably vs Manning.

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Coastie
reply to footballdude

said by footballdude:

said by capdjq:

The only caveat I see against a Seattle victory is that the game is in Washington (they are lucky to play in the 2012 sad sack NFC East) where Seattle could founder.

The Seahawks feed off that home crowd, they are a much less dynamic team on the road. I fully expect them to lose in DC.

Admittedly Seattle is in tough with Washington, but I think their defense can come through. Its a game pitting two great RBs and two highly mobile QBs. There I think its a draw. It will come down to defense and special teams where Seattle has the edge.

If the weather is bad at Lambeau that will give the Vikings an edge. But Ponder has to come through for them to win. However, I really can't see them match Rodgers Touchdown for touchdown.

Houston has to run the ball well to have the play action work. It really doesn't matter if they win because either team will be fodder for NE or Denver.

The NFC is the more exciting, play off division, cause any team can win.
--
one cigarette costs 2 minutes of your life.
one bottle of beer costs 4 minutes of your life.
one working day costs 8 hours of your life.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
join:2001-11-29
Trenton, NJ
reply to Moorecards

Is it just me or would anyone else love another Brady vs Manning AFC championship game?

footballdude
Premium
Imperial, MO

said by Eagles LoveR:

Is it just me or would anyone else love another Brady vs Manning AFC championship game?

Could be the last chance for both of those guys.
--

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by footballdude:

said by Eagles LoveR:

Could be the last chance for both of those guys.

We could only hope to be that lucky.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to Moorecards

If the replacement refs hadn't botched the call at the end of the Green Bay-Seattle game, Seattle would be at home now and Chicago would be in the playoffs.

Seattle will do better in the playoffs than the Bears would, though. Those 3 straight huge victories by Seattle were followed by barely winning a home game at the last minute against the Rams, to salvage a split of the season series with the Ram. The also split their season series against the Cardinals.

More importantly, Seattle gives up 4.5 yards per rush. Only 5 teams in the league give up more. Alfred Morris may have a good game against them since the Redskins are the leading rushing team in the league.

Should be a close game.
--
my pants are parched and thirsty

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west

The only problem with the Seahawks They only won 2 games that had more wins then loses away from home. They do not have the 12 man at away stadiums. I took Wash in the poll because of that,.
--
Caddy

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

1 edit
reply to Moorecards

Saw Earl Campbell, one of the toughest running backs ever in the NFL, in a wheelchair at the Houston game. Him and many other NFL players paid a big price for their NFL success.
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Campb···nal_life
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA
reply to Moorecards

Joe Webb is a remarkable athlete...but he sucks dog ass as an NFL QB.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to Moorecards

Did anyone catch the out of bounds interception towards the end of the Packers/Vikings game?

My buddies and I are screaming for Leslie Frazier to challenge the call. Strangely enough there were no replays on that catch.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1
reply to Moorecards

Not a very good start by the Seahawks,they look a little rusty.

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM

Chicken shit cheap shot after the 2nd TD pass by RGIII, as well. I hope Washington mops up the field with the SeaSquawks, even though I picked the SeaSquawks in the poll. After watching some of the pregame interviews with Pete Carroll, I have decided that he is quite smug, and I really don't like him that much.
--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Seahawks are back 14-13 halftime....hopefully they can win it .
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Crapppppppppp fumble on the 1 yd line.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Yeehaa 21-14 for the good guys.

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

Yeeaaahhhh!!!

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to Moorecards

Shit, looks bad for RG3.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

That was ugly,hopefully he is alright.

Doesn't seem like a very smart move on Wash's part to possibly wreck a future star's career,by playing him before he was recupped.
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.

Steve Mehs
Gun Control Is Using A Steady Hand
Premium
join:2005-07-16
reply to Moorecards

Pistol Pete and the Seahawks win!!!

sailor
Premium
join:2003-10-21
Long Island
kudos:6

My first time seeing Russell Wilson and am very impressed....very cool and composed and the way he follows the play after getting rid of the ball by running down the field to throw a block...

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Yeah. Gotta love RG3's spirit to want to play when hobbled, but the coach should have benched him.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to sailor

That was pretty crazy, to see him sprint down the field past the RB to throw a block.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
reply to Moorecards

And we move on...

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to Steve Mehs

Washington came out hot in 1st qtr, but their running game faded for the rest of the game.

footballdude
Premium
Imperial, MO
reply to Rook008

said by Rook008:

Yeah. Gotta love RG3's spirit to want to play when hobbled, but the coach should have benched him.

Shanahan's an idiot. He should have pulled RG3 when he tweked the knee early in the game. Much better to ask Cousins to protect a fourteen point lead than to bring him in late and ask him to bring the team back from a ten point deficit against the big blitz. If I was a Redskins fan I'd be really pissed.
--

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by footballdude:

said by Rook008:

Shanahan's an idiot. He should have pulled RG3 when he tweked the knee early in the game. Much better to ask Cousins to protect a fourteen point lead than to bring him in late and ask him to bring the team back from a ten point deficit against the big blitz. If I was a Redskins fan I'd be really pissed.

I agree with you 100% he should put Cousins in.
--
Caddy

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Coastie
reply to footballdude

said by footballdude:

said by Rook008:

I agree. Actually he should have played Cousins throughout. You have a franchise QB, that should bring you stability for at least 10 years. Why risk it? Even if Washington won he could not go far on one leg.

All the spirit in the world means nothing if you cannot play. Cousins proved himself against Baltimore.

I'm more impressed with Russell Wilson, than all the rookie QBs. Down 14-0, in a hostile environment, he was cool, calm and collected, leading his team to victory. Ofcourse he DID have Marshawn Lynch.

Atlanta will have their hands full next week.

The other 3 Play Off games were only interesting to their own fans.
--
Liberalism is a mental disorder