ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1
reply to Rook008

Re: [NFL] Wild Card Weekend Discussion

That was ugly,hopefully he is alright.

Doesn't seem like a very smart move on Wash's part to possibly wreck a future star's career,by playing him before he was recupped.
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.

Happydude32
Premium
join:2005-07-16
reply to Moorecards
Pistol Pete and the Seahawks win!!!

sailor
Premium
join:2003-10-21
Long Island
kudos:6
My first time seeing Russell Wilson and am very impressed....very cool and composed and the way he follows the play after getting rid of the ball by running down the field to throw a block...

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to ZZZZZZZ
Yeah. Gotta love RG3's spirit to want to play when hobbled, but the coach should have benched him.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to sailor
That was pretty crazy, to see him sprint down the field past the RB to throw a block.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2
reply to Moorecards
And we move on...

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to Happydude32
Washington came out hot in 1st qtr, but their running game faded for the rest of the game.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to Rook008
said by Rook008:

Yeah. Gotta love RG3's spirit to want to play when hobbled, but the coach should have benched him.

Shanahan's an idiot. He should have pulled RG3 when he tweked the knee early in the game. Much better to ask Cousins to protect a fourteen point lead than to bring him in late and ask him to bring the team back from a ten point deficit against the big blitz. If I was a Redskins fan I'd be really pissed.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by footballdude:

said by Rook008:

Shanahan's an idiot. He should have pulled RG3 when he tweked the knee early in the game. Much better to ask Cousins to protect a fourteen point lead than to bring him in late and ask him to bring the team back from a ten point deficit against the big blitz. If I was a Redskins fan I'd be really pissed.

I agree with you 100% he should put Cousins in.
--
Caddy

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
reply to footballdude
said by footballdude:

said by Rook008:

I agree. Actually he should have played Cousins throughout. You have a franchise QB, that should bring you stability for at least 10 years. Why risk it? Even if Washington won he could not go far on one leg.

All the spirit in the world means nothing if you cannot play. Cousins proved himself against Baltimore.

I'm more impressed with Russell Wilson, than all the rookie QBs. Down 14-0, in a hostile environment, he was cool, calm and collected, leading his team to victory. Ofcourse he DID have Marshawn Lynch.

Atlanta will have their hands full next week.

The other 3 Play Off games were only interesting to their own fans.
--
Liberalism is a mental disorder

wolfy339

join:2005-04-30
Edmonds, WA
Even more interesting is that Seattle is listed as between a 1 and 3 point dog at Atlanta. We will see how long that lasts.

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
FedEx Field looked more like a cow pasture full of tractor tracks than anything resembling a professional playing surface. Everything the Redskins organization did ran counter to the NFL's mandate of greater player safety. Furthermore, playing RGIII, actually decreased their chances of winning this game. Shanahan let his visions of winning be ruled by the emotions of a 22 year old QB, who clearly had no idea of the extent of his injury. They'll never win unless they become a more professional organization.
--
Liberalism is a mental disorder

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to wolfy339
I'M ALL IN ON THE SEAHAWKS!!! BEAT THE FALCONS!!!!!!!!!

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
reply to Moorecards
I don't think the Falcon/Seahawk game's matters since the NFC winner will be either GB or the Niners.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to Edge1
My wife thinks I am nuts. I picked Indy but was rooting for balt. That game was my only loss this weekend and I am not too unhappy about it. Now against the Broncos it will be tough. Flaco has to have very good games from here on out if they are to have a chance the rest of the way.

And good Lord! How big a brace does Ray Lewis need on his arm. He looked half robot with that thing on!
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

The_ANoN

@charter.com
reply to wolfy339
Im a Skins fan and I knew this was going to be a tough one before it started.. I knew the streak was going to end at some point because we just werent healthy.. We got off to a good start, but after RG3's injury, the momentum completely shifted. Im not saying we would have won, but a 100% RG3 would have made the game a lot more interesting. But with the way RG3 plays, who knows if he will ever have a full season at 100%? Oh well, we had a better season (minus the injuries) than I thought we were going to have.

And what the hell is up with Redskins' field? I dont ever remember it looking THAT bad.. Can it not be fixed or what?

Edge1
But these go to 11.
Premium
join:2006-03-01
USA
reply to Voxxjin
Its going to take absolutely the best game the Ravens can possibly play on both sides of the ball to have a chance to win this game. If it happens to snow I think that helps Baltimore too.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
Ray Lewis better play QB!!!!!!!

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
reply to Draiman
Don't forget theSeahawks beat both thePackers and Niners this year.

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by shaner:

Don't forget theSeahawks beat both thePackers and Niners this year.

Exactly why I said the Seahawks should lose. The odds they win again are low.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
Ride the Seahawks bandwagon!

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by I AM:

Ride the Seahawks bandwagon!

No thanks!

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
AAAWWEEE COME ON YOU KNOW YOU WANT TOO! I'm now rooting for The Seahawks to make it to the Superbowl.

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by I AM:

AAAWWEEE COME ON YOU KNOW YOU WANT TOO! I'm now rooting for The Seahawks to make it to the Superbowl.

If the Seahawks make the SB then I'll root for them. I'm an NFC fan after all so I have no choice at that point.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
said by Draiman:

said by I AM:

If the Seahawks make the SB then I'll root for them. I'm an NFC fan after all so I have no choice at that point.

The Seahawks are the football equivalent of the Cubs. I enjoy rooting against them. "We want the ball and we're gonna score!", is one of my favorite football memories.

Seahawks are the only team in the NFL with a mascot that doesn't exist. (There's no such thing as a seahawk). That is the only thing about them that is unique. They stole the 12th man thing from Texas A&M. (The Aggies have been using that since 1922). They stole Beast Mode from the Milwaukee Brewers. They even changed their uniforms to resemble the Oregon Ducks. Pete Carroll is the kind of guy that runs up the score and laughs at the opposition. Rooting against them just feels gooooooood.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
said by footballdude:

Seahawks are the only team in the NFL with a mascot that doesn't exist. (There's no such thing as a seahawk).

Seahawk is another name for an Osprey.
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Hawk
»www.chacha.com/question/is-a-seahawk-real
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
reply to footballdude
said by footballdude:

Seahawks are the only team in the NFL with a mascot that doesn't exist. (There's no such thing as a seahawk).

Oh yeah, unlike the Browns or the Steelers.
--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

Happydude32
Premium
Or the Buffalo Bills. The Buffalo Bills name is just a play on Buffalo Bill from the wild west. Back in the 30s and 40s, the minor league baseball team, the hockey team and the football team here in Buffalo were all called the Buffalo Bisons, and a Bison is just another name for a buffalo, so back in the day there were three sports teams in Buffalo that were basically called the Buffalo Buffalos. Our AAA baseball team is still the Bisons. But in the case of both the Bills and the Sabres, the focus of the team logo involves a Buffalo, the name of the city, not the teams nickname.
--
iPhone: 4” 1136 X 640 Display, 1.30 GHz Dual Core Processor, 1 GB RAM
MyPhone: 5” 1920 X 1080 Display, 1.50 GHz Quad Core Processor, 2 GB RAM
So tell me, why is exactly is the iPhone so great?
Droid Does What Jobs Won’t Let You Do.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
The Buffalo Bills were the 2nd best NFL team 4 years in a row. Not many professional sports teams can lay claim to being the 2nd best that many times (even more so in a row) in their specific sport.

Happydude32
Premium
Not many teams can choke that many times in a row either. Four consecutive Super Bowl losses is nothing to be proud of and is a meaningless stat. Wake me up when they have a ring.