said by I AM:

Ride the Seahawks bandwagon!

No thanks!

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4

AAAWWEEE COME ON YOU KNOW YOU WANT TOO! I'm now rooting for The Seahawks to make it to the Superbowl.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by I AM:

AAAWWEEE COME ON YOU KNOW YOU WANT TOO! I'm now rooting for The Seahawks to make it to the Superbowl.

If the Seahawks make the SB then I'll root for them. I'm an NFC fan after all so I have no choice at that point.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

said by Draiman:

said by I AM:

If the Seahawks make the SB then I'll root for them. I'm an NFC fan after all so I have no choice at that point.

The Seahawks are the football equivalent of the Cubs. I enjoy rooting against them. "We want the ball and we're gonna score!", is one of my favorite football memories.

Seahawks are the only team in the NFL with a mascot that doesn't exist. (There's no such thing as a seahawk). That is the only thing about them that is unique. They stole the 12th man thing from Texas A&M. (The Aggies have been using that since 1922). They stole Beast Mode from the Milwaukee Brewers. They even changed their uniforms to resemble the Oregon Ducks. Pete Carroll is the kind of guy that runs up the score and laughs at the opposition. Rooting against them just feels gooooooood.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

said by footballdude:

Seahawks are the only team in the NFL with a mascot that doesn't exist. (There's no such thing as a seahawk).

Seahawk is another name for an Osprey.
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Hawk
»www.chacha.com/question/is-a-seahawk-real
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
kudos:2
reply to footballdude

said by footballdude:

Seahawks are the only team in the NFL with a mascot that doesn't exist. (There's no such thing as a seahawk).

Oh yeah, unlike the Browns or the Steelers.
--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

Happydude32
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1

Or the Buffalo Bills. The Buffalo Bills name is just a play on Buffalo Bill from the wild west. Back in the 30s and 40s, the minor league baseball team, the hockey team and the football team here in Buffalo were all called the Buffalo Bisons, and a Bison is just another name for a buffalo, so back in the day there were three sports teams in Buffalo that were basically called the Buffalo Buffalos. Our AAA baseball team is still the Bisons. But in the case of both the Bills and the Sabres, the focus of the team logo involves a Buffalo, the name of the city, not the teams nickname.
--
iPhone: 4” 1136 X 640 Display, 1.30 GHz Dual Core Processor, 1 GB RAM
MyPhone: 5” 1920 X 1080 Display, 1.50 GHz Quad Core Processor, 2 GB RAM
So tell me, why is exactly is the iPhone so great?
Droid Does What Jobs Won’t Let You Do.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2

The Buffalo Bills were the 2nd best NFL team 4 years in a row. Not many professional sports teams can lay claim to being the 2nd best that many times (even more so in a row) in their specific sport.

Happydude32
Premium

Not many teams can choke that many times in a row either. Four consecutive Super Bowl losses is nothing to be proud of and is a meaningless stat. Wake me up when they have a ring.

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to footballdude

said by footballdude:

The Seahawks are the football equivalent of the Cubs. I enjoy rooting against them. "We want the ball and we're gonna score!", is one of my favorite football memories.

Given that the Rams is your hometown team, I can understand your feelings toward the Seahawks. But picking on the mascot...

And just want to remind people that the Seahawks beat 3 of their possible opponents in further rounds in the regular season. OK, against GB and NE it was a little too close for comfort, but hey, a win is a win.
--
Wacky Races 2012!

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11
reply to Happydude32

"Not many teams can choke that many times in a row either. Four consecutive Super Bowl losses is nothing to be proud of and is a meaningless stat. Wake me up when they have a ring. "

Whatever. I am proud to be a Buffalonian. You are not obviously.

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
join:2012-10-18
Reviews:
·Champion Broadba..
reply to footballdude

said by footballdude:

Pete Carroll is the kind of guy that runs up the score and laughs at the opposition. Rooting against them just feels gooooooood.

You are suffering a delusional mix up. That is definitely not Pete Carroll. In fact just the opposite. However, you've uncannily described Jim Harbaugh exactly to the tee! He was that way in college and is that way in the pros without any change.

Happydude32
Premium
reply to hobgoblin

said by hobgoblin:

"Not many teams can choke that many times in a row either. Four consecutive Super Bowl losses is nothing to be proud of and is a meaningless stat. Wake me up when they have a ring. "

Whatever. I am proud to be a Buffalonian. You are not obviously.

Hob

No, I am not proud to be in the home town of a dysfunctional football organization that has no direction and has been an utter failure and embarrassment for the past 13 years. I am not proud to be the laughing stock of the NFL. I am not proud of 4 consecutive Super Bowl losses in the early 90s being led by a quarterback who never even wanted to play here to begin with. I am not proud that by starting out last season with a whole three wins in a row, the team is featured on the cover of SI. That right there speaks volumes of the expectations of this franchise. I would not be totally opposed to saying bye bye to the Bills and have them head off to Toronto or LA when the new lease agreement expires, if they still want a new stadium on the waterfront and want tax payers to foot the bill. No one wants to come here and play. Only reason Mario Williams is here is because no other team would pay the guy so much for doing so little. The current Buffalo Bills roster is basically a group of guys that no other team wants. Ryan Fitzmagic basically said that himself in not so many words after Gailey got fired last week. Yep, lots to be proud of right there. And as far as the city itself, I am so proud to live so close to the what Forbes listed as the sixth most dangerous city in America.
--
iPhone: 4” 1136 X 640 Display, 1.30 GHz Dual Core Processor, 1 GB RAM
MyPhone: 5” 1920 X 1080 Display, 1.50 GHz Quad Core Processor, 2 GB RAM
So tell me, why is exactly is the iPhone so great?
Droid Does What Jobs Won’t Let You Do.

sailor
Premium
join:2003-10-21
Long Island
kudos:6
reply to Moorecards

While I no longer have the interest in pro sports that I use to, if I was to wager the superbowl it would be on the team that had the longest odds of winning before the season started...

Out of the teams now alive anyone know offhand which team was the longest shot to win the superbowl?

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by sailor:

While I no longer have the interest in pro sports that I use to, if I was to wager the superbowl it would be on the team that had the longest odds of winning before the season started...

Out of the teams now alive anyone know offhand which team was the longest shot to win the superbowl?

Depends how you calculate 'winning'. If 18-1 with a SB loss is good enough for you then take the Pat's. I'd say GB has the best odds based on the last 3-5 years. The Pat's have a great shot at making the SB but losing it.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

aurgathor

Lynnwood, WA
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

1 recommendation

reply to sailor

as per »www.betvega.com/super-bowl-odds/ it's the Texans and Ravens

It's interesting to see how the odds have changed over time.
--
Wacky Races 2012!

sailor
Premium
join:2003-10-21
Long Island
kudos:6

Click for full size
said by aurgathor:

Yes, it's interesting.

After looking at the odds chart of those remaining I'd say the superbowl champion will be Seattle, Atlanta or Baltimore.

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
reply to aurgathor

Maybe the Seahawks are not that good or maybe they are? I'm rooting for them, always have, since they are the closest to a home team I have (Vancouver).
But the Falcons sure as heck wouldn't mind not playing them.
For all the hype about RGIII and Luck, the much unheralded Russell Wilson is the only Rookie standing. Plus he, the Rookie, has won more play off games than Matt Ryan.
The only problem is traveling twice to the West Coast in two weeks. They should have stayed over after humiliating the Redskins.
--
Liberalism is a mental disorder

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to sailor

said by sailor:

said by aurgathor:

Yes, it's interesting.

After looking at the odds chart of those remaining I'd say the superbowl champion will be Seattle, Atlanta or Baltimore.

The Falcon's have not won a play off game since 2004 despite being in the playoffs in 2008, 2010, 2011, and now 2012. Not good odds at all there.
--

footballdude
Premium
Imperial, MO
reply to Blogger

said by Blogger:

said by footballdude:

Pete Carroll is the kind of guy that runs up the score and laughs at the opposition. Rooting against them just feels gooooooood.

You are suffering a delusional mix up. That is definitely not Pete Carroll. In fact just the opposite. However, you've uncannily described Jim Harbaugh exactly to the tee! He was that way in college and is that way in the pros without any change.

I have no problems watching Harbaugh lose, either.
--

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to capdjq

said by capdjq:

For all the hype about RGIII and Luck, the much unheralded Russell Wilson is the only Rookie standing. Plus he, the Rookie, has won more play off games than Matt Ryan.

And that's not saying much since Shaun King did the same thing.
--

footballdude
Premium
Imperial, MO

said by Draiman:

said by capdjq:

And that's not saying much since Shaun King did the same thing.

When King played in the NFC Championship game against the Rams, that may have been the worst QB performance in a championship game I've ever seen. If Tampa had even a hint of an offense, they'd have won that game.

I had a King sighting earlier this year. He's doing TV color for the Central Florida team.

Oh, and Wilson isn't completely unheralded. Bill Simmons picked the Seahawks to win the Super Bowl because of Wilson in the pre-season.
--

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

Yeah crazy how The Sports Guy's prediction is starting to come to fruitation.

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by I AM:

Yeah crazy how The Sports Guy's prediction is starting to come to fruitation.

Check out other people's picks before the season. Most were spot on so far so I wouldn't but much stock in Bill Simmon.
»espn.go.com/nfl/preview12/story/···dictions
--

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

No one predicted the Seahawks to make it this far though?

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by I AM:

No one predicted the Seahawks to make it this far though?

Some did like Gregg Rosenthal for example.
»www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8···-in-2012
--

aurgathor

Lynnwood, WA
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

It's worth quoting the exact prediction:

quote:
Move over, San Francisco -- Seattle will reign supreme in NFC West
The Seattle Seahawks will win the NFC West. Their defense can be just as dangerous as the San Francisco 49ers' vaunted unit. The quarterback play can be better with Matt Flynn. San Francisco, meanwhile, must deal with a much tougher schedule and heightened expectations.

Pete Carroll's boys might not "Win Forever," but winning nine to 10 games is a doable goal. That should be enough to take the division.
1. The Seahawks did not win the NFC West
2. The QB is not Matt Flynn
3. They did win 10 games, though
--
Wacky Races 2012!