join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
·Fido
MikroTik RB750Gr3
MikroTik wAP AC
Panasonic KX-TGP500

grand total to spudz72

to spudz72

Re: [Voip.ms] Panasonic KX-TGP551 that keeps flipping out!

said by spudz72:

Thanks. I wondered about that. I set the SIP Source Port to 16999 and it's still registered.

So will leave off port forwarding for now and see if this still happens.. fingers crossed... Thanks.

The real test is whether you can receive a call or not. More specifically whether you can receive a call after the phone has remained unused for a period, for example, overnight. If you can then you do not need to port forward.

What value do you have for "Keep Alive Interval"?
spudz72
join:2010-03-25
Belleville, ON

spudz72

said by grand total:

said by spudz72:

Thanks. I wondered about that. I set the SIP Source Port to 16999 and it's still registered.

So will leave off port forwarding for now and see if this still happens.. fingers crossed... Thanks.

The real test is whether you can receive a call or not. More specifically whether you can receive a call after the phone has remained unused for a period, for example, overnight. If you can then you do not need to port forward.

What value do you have for "Keep Alive Interval"?

Actually now that you mention that I can't get the panasonic phone to ring at all now wether the 16999 port is forwarded or not. When it wasn't forwarded if I called my toll free line which is what's set on the panasonic for SIP Line 1 it's doesn't ring and go straight to voicemail. Even after forwarding port 16999 to the ip of the panasonic phone it still won't ring and goes straight to voicemail.

Very frustrating..
grand total
Mississauga

grand total

What sort of router do you have (make and model)?
spudz72
Belleville, ON

spudz72 to grand total

to grand total
Forgot to answer about the keep alive setting. I checked and it appears to be set for the default of 0 which says it is disabled.
spudz72

spudz72 to grand total

to grand total
said by grand total:

What sort of router do you have (make and model)?

My router is a Linksys E2000.
grand total
Mississauga
·Fido
MikroTik RB750Gr3
MikroTik wAP AC
Panasonic KX-TGP500

grand total to spudz72

to spudz72
said by spudz72:

Forgot to answer about the keep alive setting. I checked and it appears to be set for the default of 0 which says it is disabled.

Set it to 15. You will need to do this if you are to stand any chance of not needing to forward ports because your registration interval is 3600 seconds by default. I'm assuming you have not changed the phone's registration interval (not configurable in the web UI).

But first, before we go any further, try connecting your phone directly to your modem, i.e. without your router, and check that you can get the phone to ring.
DaveSin
join:2009-07-17

1 edit

DaveSin to spudz72

to spudz72
Below is the working Port settings I have for VOIP.ms on the Panasonic KX-TGP551.

Registrar Server Port         [5070]
Proxy Server Port             [5070]
Presence Server Port          [5070]
Outbound Proxy Server Port    [5060] ***
Source Port                   [5070]

*** I think this needs to be set to 5060 in order to get the device to registered.
spudz72
Belleville, ON

spudz72

said by DaveSin:

Below is the working Port settings I have for VOIP.ms on the Panasonic KX-TGP551.

Registrar Server Port         [5070]
Proxy Server Port             [5070]
Presence Server Port          [5070]
Outbound Proxy Server Port    [5060] ***
Source Port                   [5070]

*** I think this needs to be set to 5060 in order to get the device to registered.

No go for me. Won't even let me save those settings. Gives the error in red "Failed (Parameter Error)" after clicking the save button.
spudz72

1 edit

spudz72 to grand total

to grand total
said by grand total:

said by spudz72:

Set it to 15. You will need to do this if you are to stand any chance of not needing to forward ports because your registration interval is 3600 seconds by default. I'm assuming you have not changed the phone's registration interval (not configurable in the web UI).

But first, before we go any further, try connecting your phone directly to your modem, i.e. without your router, and check that you can get the phone to ring.

Ok I set the Keepalive to 15. I have not changed the phones registration interval ever.

Just now I changed only the SIP Source Port to 16999 and all other ports are still set for 5060 and after changing keepalive to 15 I tried calling my toll free number and the phone rang. This is without port forwarding and the phone is plugged into the router. So we will see if this remains this way after a while. If I have problems I will connect it directly to my modem and report back.. Thanks.

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX

XCOM

Premium Member

del
zapattack
join:2012-07-02
CANADA

zapattack to grand total

to grand total
The V.MS Wiki notes the recommended Reg Expire of 180s can only be set with a config. file for a Panasonic.
Can someone explain the relationship between Registration Period and RegisterExpires settings?
The OBi defaults are 60/3600.
grand total
Mississauga
·Fido
MikroTik RB750Gr3
MikroTik wAP AC
Panasonic KX-TGP500

grand total to spudz72

to spudz72
said by spudz72:

Ok I set the Keepalive to 15. I have not changed the phones registration interval ever.

Just now I changed only the SIP Source Port to 16999 and all other ports are still set for 5060 and after changing keepalive to 15 I tried calling my toll free number and the phone rang. This is without port forwarding and the phone is plugged into the router. So we will see if this remains this way after a while. If I have problems I will connect it directly to my modem and report back. Thanks.

It looks like I was careless with my terms, I wrote "registration interval" but what I should have written is "REG_EXPIRE_TIME" which defaults to 3600 seconds and is the length of time that registration remains valid.

I'm glad it's working now.
spudz72
Belleville, ON

spudz72 to grand total

to grand total
said by grand total:

said by spudz72:

Just an update that it is now Jan 8th so 9 days since I made the changes you requested and so far have not had the phone randomly start ringing all 3 lines like it was before. So will keep my fingers crossed that the problem has been licked. Thanks again.
grand total
Mississauga
·Fido
MikroTik RB750Gr3
MikroTik wAP AC
Panasonic KX-TGP500

grand total

said by spudz72:

Just an update that it is now Jan 8th so 9 days since I made the changes you requested and so far have not had the phone randomly start ringing all 3 lines like it was before. So will keep my fingers crossed that the problem has been licked. Thanks again.

Glad to hear it.