All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

glnz
join:2006-11-26
New York, NY

glnz

Re: AOL slow on Mountain Lion

OK, everyone, I can see we all agree that AOL software is not great. But my wife wants it to work better on her otherwise-super MacBook Pro. Need technical suggestions like Mars's (which we might still try at some point, although I feel uneasy messing with an OS I'm not familiar with). Thanks.

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person
join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA

not quite right

said by glnz:

OK, everyone, I can see we all agree that AOL software is not great. But my wife wants it to work better on her otherwise-super MacBook Pro. Need technical suggestions like Mars's (which we might still try at some point, although I feel uneasy messing with an OS I'm not familiar with). Thanks.

See Thinkdiff's post ...
not quite right

not quite right to glnz

to glnz
said by glnz:

#1 - See Thinkdiff's post if you must do this ...
#2 - It really is time to eradicate the world of that crap software! (I thought it had been).
#3 - Make www.aol.com her start page. As far as I can tell all of the content is still there.
#4 - All that would be left would be that creepy ass dude going "you got mail", long dead chat rooms, and AIM.
#5 - If giving up AIM's the problem (which I don't know anybody that uses it any longer) introduce her to Skype, or Apples own Messages/Face Time.
#6 - There used to be a T-shirt that read "Friends don't let friends use AOL"
Well you're amongst friends here.