said by themisa:
This ping works but browsing doesn't issue is Sagemcom specific.
Issue was definitely 'fixed' for me by switching over to a spare Cellpipe modem.
I also find that the CellPipe is a bit more stable. However, it seems that the CellPipe loses sync instead of the "ping works but browsing doesn't" issue that the Sagemcom had. At least the CellPipe self recovers quickly within a minute or two.
EDIT: some more background info and my two cents. I have TekSavvy 25/7 (obviously through Bell) and had stable service for quite some time. After a while I started suffering from almost daily DSL sync losses. I was sent a new Sagemcom modem and then discovered this "can ping but can't browse" issue. Between the two issues, the CellPipe modem's symptoms are easier to deal with. I suspect some change on Bell's equipment which is manifesting as these two different issues for these two different modems.