spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bryanviper

join:2002-10-12
Toronto, CAN

Natural/Organic medicine for sore throat?

Hello all,

Lucky me I got a nice fever last night & sore throat & I'm going out tonight for New Years. For the most part the fever seems to be gone however I still have a sore throat. I was wondering if anybody knew of something natural/organic that I can pick up at say Shoppers drug mart that will help me out. Or is there even such a thing?

Thanks
--
»www.MaximumRepair.ca
Computer Repair/Upgrades In Toronto.

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

Honey. There are lots of natural things to help a sore throat. Your best option is not going out.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to bryanviper

Phenol is organic (organic chemistry that is); it’s found in the OTC spray called Chloraseptic. Ask the Pharmacist, they can recommend something, at one time zinc tablets and some herb was popular.

Again these are all Band-Aid solutions, given that you probably will be going out getting piss drunk you might as well stick with a nice scotch straight-up or brandy and forgo beer.

bryanviper

Toronto, CAN

Lmao!

Not sure about the piss drunk part. But anyways that's for the suggestions ill see what I can find.
--
»www.MaximumRepair.ca

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3

I spent many new year's eves with a sore throat in my partying days. I recommend no meds but lots of alcohol. Have fun.

mr weather
Premium
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON
reply to bryanviper

Gargle warm salt water. It really does help.
--
"It's all coming down!!" - Mike Holmes

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

said by mr weather:

Provided you can gargle. Not everyone can and they end up drinking it

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to bryanviper

I frown upon the "natural/organic" thing (arsenic will cure your sore throat and is completely natural), because especially when it comes to medicine it's been taken over by the pseudoscience hucksters. But Cepacol is pretty effective against sore throats. The original regular one, not the "Sensations" ones. It contains Benzocaine, a local anesthetic, which will numb your throat and relieve the pain. It's an unpleasant sensation but it does help.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

bryanviper

Toronto, CAN
reply to donoreo

said by donoreo:

said by mr weather:

Provided you can gargle. Not everyone can and they end up drinking it

Mmmmmm Salt water... nom nom nom
--
»www.MaximumRepair.ca

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to donoreo

said by donoreo:

Honey. There are lots of natural things to help a sore throat. Your best option is not going out.

Ding ding ding ding. First answer and best answer.

As for Cepacol, if you can handle the feeling of a numb throat and losing the sensation of reflex swallowing, go for it. Myself, I refuse to touch the stuff and find it terrible.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to bryanviper

Cepacol really is for the sorest of sore throats, tbh.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

I have prescription-strength stuff in my medicine cabinet. I simply refuse to use it. Aside from the fact that having a numb throat reminds me of what it's like to have a conscious gastroscopy, I simply freak out to the point of panicking if I can't feel myself swallow.