uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to pandora

Re: Do high end custom PC's have a future?

said by pandora:

I enjoy assembling a PC from components. I realize due to standards, it's more assembly than building.

At the same time, I see so many people satisfied with weak laptops or very weak tablets. Weak in terms of graphics and cpu compared to a desktop.

Sometimes I wonder why AMD and Nvidia still make high end video cards. Is the market for custom desktops and small servers large enough to justify continued mass production of components?

You might see other people satisfied with sub par gaming computers, but a lot of others do not. There's a huge PC enthusiast market out there.

Do you play anything other then World of Warcraft? Load up Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2 or Arkham City with Physx set to High. Try the Witcher 2 on Ultra settings.

Wait until the new Crysis comes out in February. I can bet it'll destroy most lower end gaming PC's.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL

said by Ghastlyone:

You might see other people satisfied with sub par gaming computers, but a lot of others do not. There's a huge PC enthusiast market out there.

Agreed,

Gamers, Editors, Propagation modellers (to name a few) all require high end machines to do what they do properly.

High end gear will alway find folks who can use it, and abuse it, in new and exciting ways.
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have