uniqs
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7 to deekay0

to deekay0

Re: Bell Canada Fibe25/10 can ping but cannot browse frequently

said by deekay0:

said by themisa:

This ping works but browsing doesn't issue is Sagemcom specific.
Issue was definitely 'fixed' for me by switching over to a spare Cellpipe modem.

I also find that the CellPipe is a bit more stable. However, it seems that the CellPipe loses sync instead of the "ping works but browsing doesn't" issue that the Sagemcom had. At least the CellPipe self recovers quickly within a minute or two.

EDIT: some more background info and my two cents. I have TekSavvy 25/7 (obviously through Bell) and had stable service for quite some time. After a while I started suffering from almost daily DSL sync losses. I was sent a new Sagemcom modem and then discovered this "can ping but can't browse" issue. Between the two issues, the CellPipe modem's symptoms are easier to deal with. I suspect some change on Bell's equipment which is manifesting as these two different issues for these two different modems.

Well that depends since the Cellpipe firmware for wholesales was garbage would restart on its own. Some people tested without even pluggin the DSL.
themisa
join:2012-05-22

themisa

I am also with Teksavvy. Bell updated the firmware on the Cellpipe and the restarts are now gone, but that's besides the point.

Sagemcom issue clearly exists. It's hard to demonstrate to tech support since it doesn't affect ping and in some cases disappears in the time it takes to reach support, i.e. 30min.

How do we get Bell to address this globally?
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7

said by themisa:

I am also with Teksavvy. Bell updated the firmware on the Cellpipe and the restarts are now gone, but that's besides the point.

Sagemcom issue clearly exists. It's hard to demonstrate to tech support since it doesn't affect ping and in some cases disappears in the time it takes to reach support, i.e. 30min.

How do we get Bell to address this globally?

Both the Cellpipe and Sagemcom had this problem for me. How to fix this globally, no idea.