uniqs

bemis
Premium Member
join:2008-07-18
united state

bemis

Premium Member

At least Comcast offers promos...

It's $62.95/mo with a $7/mo modem rental...

I'm in a 12-mo promo, my first 6 were $29.95 and now in the last 6 I'm at $44.95...

I own my modem, so no monthly cost there.

I switched away from FIOS because the cost was just too high...

Unfortunately VZ is not running any promos, which means I either stick to 12/2 Comcast for $62.95 or I swap to VZ for $75+ (but at least they're faster and more reliable)
chgo_man99
join:2010-01-01
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99

you switched away from FIOS, but remember unlike cable, its not the shared medium. However with D3 today its probably rarely an issue. For me $10 difference is not worth hassle switching unless if I had a double or triple play and saw a significant difference in price.

bemis
Premium Member
united state

bemis

Premium Member

I only switched due to price--it was nearly $50/mo diff to start and is still $30/mo today.

When the promo runs out I will switch back to FIOS.

The problem with Comcast is that every few weeks I will have a problem--no connect for a couple of hours, or the modem will need a physical power cycle...

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru to chgo_man99

MVM

to chgo_man99
said by chgo_man99:

you switched away from FIOS, but remember unlike cable, its not the shared medium.

Might want to check how [B|G]PON works again before making statements like that.

NickD
Premium Member
join:2000-11-17
Princeton Junction, NJ

NickD to bemis

Premium Member

to bemis
Would it be possible to switch from cable to FiOS every year to constantly be on the promo pricing for both services?

bemis
Premium Member
united state

bemis

Premium Member

said by NickD:

Would it be possible to switch from cable to FiOS every year to constantly be on the promo pricing for both services?

VZ has not ever offered promo for internet only (I don't have TV or phone in the house).