uniqs
share rss forum feed

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to compuguybna

Re: [CATV] Looks like I'm finally leaving Charter TV

said by compuguybna:

My DIRECTV credits applied automatically.
STILL way cheaper than the crappy quality AND PRICE of Charter TV.

Are you comparing apples to apples? Not one company's PROMO pricing to another's regular pricing.

desarollo

join:2011-10-01
Monroe, MI
reply to compuguybna
said by compuguybna:

That's quite nice for you, but I'm stating a fact that when I did a comparison of DirecTV and Charter, I read the fine print and it was clear DirecTV was hoping you'd forget to take them up on their rebates. They're not the only company to do this.

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
the rebates were INSTANT.

If you guys like Charter TV, stay with it. I was just sharing MY experience....

said by desarollo:

said by compuguybna:

That's quite nice for you, but I'm stating a fact that when I did a comparison of DirecTV and Charter, I read the fine print and it was clear DirecTV was hoping you'd forget to take them up on their rebates. They're not the only company to do this.

mtf06

join:2006-09-28
Reno, NV
reply to Phatty
Wow people get out of control here lol.
Anyways personally I think it was a good move I switched.

I know the internet is not as good of speed and everything shares the bandwidth speed (voice, tv and internet) but since then my in game pings for PS3 are better (no lag or skipping).

And after the 24month plan I'll just either get into a new one or downgrade packages. I don't really care.

I just know my problems have been solved switching.
Att (U verse) are supposed to upgrade the 24/3 up to 75 when it comes out this year.

If you guys search my name you can see how many times I had problems with Charter. It just never went away. I wish they did because I do like Charter but I got tired of pulling my hair out of my head waiting for them to fix problems.

There was one time that my 100/5 went down to approx. 2/5 and that lasted for around 3 months. Yes I said 2Mbps down. It sucked!

Anyways it's been fun here but time to move on. Until next time...

Big Dawg 23

join:2002-03-27
Northfield, MN
reply to watts3000
Unlike Charter, Directv has all of those channels and others in HD. To be specific no HD on ESPNU, ESPN News, ESPN Alts 1&2, MLB Alt, all the Fox Sports and other companies Sports Channels(ie Altitude). As for Redzone Directv versus is far superior than what the cable companies get. All the soorts package that offer all the games in HD its provided(ESPN Gameplan not in HD). Lastly the HD is not horrible compression but crystal clear picture and sound.

Phatty

join:2000-05-10
Saint Louis, MO
reply to Phatty
My Directv was installed the other day and I have now officially cancelled Charter. I was happy that the phone rep when I called to cancel still was unable to offer me any better pricing as previously a different rep often meant different offers were available. I feel like it is a sad day for Charter as so many people I know hate them or have issues with their service but overall I was a very happy customer. But I set the line at $100/month being too much for basic TV service with a DVR so I had to take my money elsewhere.

Now to wait for them to disconnect my line as I am willing to bet they will end up disconnecting my business pipeline account. I informed the rep when I cancelled service of this account but he seemed more confused so hopefully if they do disconnect things I can get a business tech onsite quick to reconnect.

Razoul

join:2012-10-09
Crestline, CA
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to mtf06
Not trying to rain on your parade here but AT&T was supposed to unveil higher speeds (45mbit using a 55mbit bonded profile) in 2011. Don't get your hopes up for them deploying 75mbit anytime soon. Not trying to defend Charter, I just dislike AT&T more due to their general sleaziness and how I've been treated by them.

ve52001

join:2004-05-11
Duncanville, TX
I know I had some serious issues with uverse, and had gone through 5 dvrs when I was with them. I know I don't have many HD channels like I did with ATT, but my HD channels on Charter here are much better. I will also add that my internet was rock solid with Uverse, it was just the TV service that sucked. I know you do not get as much speed for the same amount, but so far I've had multiple issues with my Charter internet, but cable is fine.

anon anon

@charter.com
reply to Phatty
said by Razoul:

Not trying to rain on your parade here but AT&T was supposed to unveil higher speeds (45mbit using a 55mbit bonded profile) in 2011. Don't get your hopes up for them deploying 75mbit anytime soon. Not trying to defend Charter, I just dislike AT&T more due to their general sleaziness and how I've been treated by them.

Yes the about best anyone in my area can get is 18 Mbps from u-verse an that's not many. Hell I can only get 12 Mbps and I'm not out in the boonies. So still waiting on the 24 Mbps let alone the 45, or 75 Mbps they promise.
Expand your moderator at work