Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tcg
Premium
join:2003-09-12
Lubbock, TX
reply to MrFixit1

Re: [WIN8] Questions about the Win8 digital upgrade...

Yes, the keys will work with 32 bit or 64 bit - with every version of Windows since Vista.

sekim
Premium,MVM
join:1999-08-17
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:1
Will the win8pro upgrade key work if I install win8pro via the RTM .iso ? I've installed it several ways on my april purchased Lenovo budget laptop and always it has an open handle and lots of errors when win7 image maker runs. Run system cleanup and then SFC shows errors on some kb update to a cannon printer that I don't even have. Hoping RTM will install best.

Gem
Premium
join:2005-09-10
kudos:4
reply to tcg
Are the key codes the same for the 32bit upgrade and the 64bit W8 upgrades or do they have different keys?

sekim
Premium,MVM
join:1999-08-17
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:1
Same key works 32 or 64 bitz

tcg
Premium
Lubbock, TX
reply to sekim
It should. You may have to fool Windows into thinking you used the right method to install...

Edit: In fact, I know it will. For every college student that has brought their machine in for me to install the (nearly) free Windows upgrade on, I've used the Technet media and their key. Didn't need to do anything special at all.

Gem
Premium
reply to sekim
Nice!

tcg
Premium
Lubbock, TX
reply to Gem
I thought that's what I said!

Gem
Premium
Reviews:
·CableOne
said by tcg:

Almost.

You said "keys" which led me to wonder if there were two different keys for 32 and 64 bit installs. Gather now that you get a single key that will work with either version.

tcg
Premium
Lubbock, TX
said by Gem:

said by tcg:

Almost.

You said "keys" which led me to wonder if there were two different keys for 32 and 64 bit installs. Gather now that you get a single key that will work with either version.

Hmmm. I was responding to a post that used the word "keys" so somehow it seemed appropriate. I still fail to see the difference. But that's okay. Glad the confusion is cleared up for you!

The same thing is true for Office, btw.