uniqs

davidg
Good Bye My Friend
MVM
join:2002-06-15

davidg to ropeguru

MVM

to ropeguru

Re: Why is neutral conncted to ground in the fuse box/panel?

i said if he does not know the answer to a very basic electrical question then he has no business in the panel UNTIL HE LEARNS. you don't learn by poking around in a live panel. whether you feel that way or not, it does not make my posting a warning to him wrong.

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

1 recommendation

ropeguru

Premium Member

said by davidg:

i said if he does not know the answer to a very basic electrical question then he has no business in the panel UNTIL HE LEARNS. you don't learn by poking around in a live panel. whether you feel that way or not, it does not make my posting a warning to him wrong.

This is my last reply on this.

Where did he say he was POKING around in the panel? His statement was that he removed the panel and found the ground connected to the neutral. I can see that clearly without poking around in my panel.

So riddle me this, do you go and find a book and read up on everything before you ever remove a cover? I doubt it..

Also, just a little more respect in the WAY you reply would have averted all this.

davidg
Good Bye My Friend
MVM
join:2002-06-15

davidg

MVM

in many panels an uneducated eye is not going to catch a N-G connection without really looking. in a panel where they are both on the same block it is obvious, but in a large number of panels they are on seperate blocks and you have to notice the bonding screw to see it.

as far as how i answered, i was more respectful than you have been. ever hear of someone posting from a tablet, i dunno about you but when i do my posts are brief.

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

3 recommendations

garys_2k

Premium Member

He just asked a simple question, it wasn't like he said "Hey guys, I want to entirely rewire my house. I'm almost done and now I have some questions." He noticed something "in the place I currently live" that was puzzling and he asked about it. He wasn't unfamiliar with wiring and from his POV that bonding didn't seem "right." At no time did he say he was going to mess with it, change it or try to "fix" it.

He asked a simple question. Hollering about somehow not being qualified to open the panel was over the top -- as if someone asking why the occasional word is spelled with "i" after "e" shouldn't be allowed to write.