Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to indamiddle

Re: Employer req. "security" from ISP: Rogers, Start,

Thanks! Not that this is entirely new stuff, but it is nice to have it made explicit by people who deal with it regularly.

The customer offered a bit of clarification, I guess some people at their workplace have had issues in the past!?!!
Just ask if anyone that works for SAP is able to log-on to the SAP server using any other provider than Rogers or bell. Maybe that would clarify. I don't mind if you say SAP.
--
electronicsguru.ca

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
said by Teddy Boom:

Thanks! Not that this is entirely new stuff, but it is nice to have it made explicit by people who deal with it regularly.

The customer offered a bit of clarification, I guess some people at their workplace have had issues in the past!?!!

Just ask if anyone that works for SAP is able to log-on to the SAP server using any other provider than Rogers or bell. Maybe that would clarify. I don't mind if you say SAP.

They probably need a VPN connection. It is not going to be wide open on the internet.
--
The irony of common sense, it is not that common.
I cannot deny anything I did not say.
A kitten dies every time someone uses "then" and "than" incorrectly.
I mock people who give their children odd spelling of names.

DS256
Premium
join:2003-10-25
Markham, ON
reply to Teddy Boom
said by Teddy Boom:

IMHO, no one from SAP should be or is likely allowed to comment on their remote security measures. I know my company doesn't allow it. I work for a competitor to SAP.

As already mentioned, it is up to SAP's IT to implement the remote security measures and protocols. The local ISP is not normally involved unless they are blocking specific ports that prevent some protocols from working. There is sometimes a higher subscription fee for home business users rather than simple personal use.

I know that my company provides all VPN (with local network blocking), Firewall, Anti-Virus etc.