Search similar:

uniqs
David85
join:2010-09-21
Louisville, KY

2 edits

David85

[CATV] Insight bill increasing next month - Louisville,ONLY

Got bill today I'm in Louisville still bundled through may. Basic & classic up to 68.95 up from 65. Hd/dvr up to 18 from 12 modem fee 3.95 something else 1.03. Do they not want people to keep cable? Insight needs the hd dta soon we have the sd mini boxes here and boxless lineup. I have seen people have the sd mini boxes hooked up to their hdtv and I shake my head. They don't care or don't know to scan tv channels.

Confused
@insightbb.com

Confused

Anon

Re: [CATV] Insight bill increasing next month

You mentioned that people don't know to scan. I thought that all of the Insight channels were now encrypted? Do you not need a box for each TV (mini, regular or DVR)?
David85
Louisville, KY

David85

Here is boxless lineup for Louisville.

»www.myinsight.com/docume ··· _KEN.pdf

Confused
@insightbb.com

Confused

Anon

Ah, I remember that Louisville did not have to use the mini boxes, and as far as I remember, Lexington and other areas did. Makes me wonder if I can just scan and remove those crap boxes from my TV's.
Confused

Confused

Anon

Just read that the boxless is a pilot program in Louisville, Bowling Green and one other location. I'm scanning my line in Lexington but have only found 5 channels with 75% complete.
Damon85
Premium Member
join:2004-12-25
Houston, TX

Damon85 to David85

Premium Member

to David85

Re: [CATV] Insight bill increasing next month - Louisville, KY

Out of curiosity, does anyone that's actually paying for it know what a cablecard for a TiVo would cost per month? With these price increases they're looking better and better than this old Motorola DVR I've probably paid for twice-over by now.
Expand your moderator at work
smashcraft
Premium Member
join:2011-06-15
Louisville, KY

smashcraft to Damon85

Premium Member

to Damon85

HI Damon. I once had a Tivo, back in 2010 and was paying 1.99 or 2.99 per cable card. I had to have two cable cards for the dual tuner to work on the Tivo. It was better than paying for a DVR, with the exception that you do not get any of the on-demand or free spot showings along with any of the on-demand channels for HBO, Cinemax, etc. But, the Tivo does make up for it in it's interactive options with Netflix, etc. It would be a good trade-off!
jpatton1979
join:2011-08-10
Louisville, KY
Pace 5268AC
Ubiquiti Unifi Security Gateway Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

jpatton1979 to Damon85

to Damon85
As of right now each CableCARD is $2. Make sure you factor in your subscription for the Tivo service (monthly/annual/lifetime/etc). I have a Ceton tuner and WMC and I like it. I would LOVE to drop TV services and use Hulu Plus/Netflix/Amazon Prime, but the wife won't let me.
Damon85
Premium Member
Houston, TX

Damon85 to David85

Premium Member

to David85
Yes, that is my dilemma -- whether it is more cost effective to buy a TiVo w/ Lifetime sub up front and pay for the cable cards, or continue paying for the DVR for a year or two in hopes that at the end of that time I'll be able to drop the entire shebang for Netflix, et al. Now you mention it though WMC slapped onto one of the older computers I have around with a Ceton tuner would cost even less than TiVo... food for thought, thanks!
Expand your moderator at work
David85
Louisville, KY

2 edits

David85

In the insight bill there is service rates paper in bill. It has hd digital adapter dta $0.99 a month. Are the hd dta's available in Louisville yet?
itch
join:2008-12-06
Louisville, KY

itch to David85

to David85
My increase went from $174 to $186.
Mystic95Z
join:2005-05-10
Orlando, FL

Mystic95Z to Damon85

to Damon85
said by Damon85:

Yes, that is my dilemma -- whether it is more cost effective to buy a TiVo w/ Lifetime sub up front and pay for the cable cards, or continue paying for the DVR for a year or two in hopes that at the end of that time I'll be able to drop the entire shebang for Netflix, et al. Now you mention it though WMC slapped onto one of the older computers I have around with a Ceton tuner would cost even less than TiVo... food for thought, thanks!

Well having used both TiVo and teh insight boxes, tivo is far and away better... Insight DVR's suck royally.
Damon85
Premium Member
Houston, TX

Damon85

Premium Member

I ended up going with an old Windows 7 PC that I put an infinitv 4 into -- did it in mid January and haven't looked back. Should pay for itself in about a year, and it does more than the Motorola DVR it replaced.

UKEE
join:2012-05-14
Lexington, KY

UKEE

said by Damon85:

I ended up going with an old Windows 7 PC that I put an infinitv 4 into -- did it in mid January and haven't looked back. Should pay for itself in about a year, and it does more than the Motorola DVR it replaced.

Thinking about doing the same. Bill just increased by $18 and that's with a partial promotion. Will go up more next year. Currently paying $17.25 for HD-DVR, regular digital box and 3 mini boxes (God, I hate them). If it were not for On-Demand (my wife loves the free on-demand stuff), I would have already dumped the boxes. Too much rental money with no option to buy.