uniqs
share rss forum feed

Somnambul33t
L33t.
Premium
join:2002-12-05
Blackwood, NJ

[DVR] DXC3400 weird problem

Moved over the weekend and had a tech install a DCX3400 today. He left while still on hold to activate the box, and probably got DC'ed in the elevator b/c i had to call comcast later and have them activate it for me.

However im still having an issue. any time the STB gets input from the remote, the cable picture and audio skips. happens when doing anything in guide at all: scrolling channels, Info, Last, left/right/up/down, enter, etc. It's probably about a half second skip, but happens with every button press. never seen anything like it before.

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut

join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

said by Somnambul33t:

Moved over the weekend and had a tech install a DCX3400 today. He left while still on hold to activate the box, and probably got DC'ed in the elevator b/c i had to call comcast later and have them activate it for me.

However im still having an issue. any time the STB gets input from the remote, the cable picture and audio skips. happens when doing anything in guide at all: scrolling channels, Info, Last, left/right/up/down, enter, etc. It's probably about a half second skip, but happens with every button press. never seen anything like it before.

I would try unplugging it for a minute or two. If it still does it you can format and reset the box completely. Finally if that doesn't work then the box is simply bad. Let us know what happens.
--
"The relationship between what we see and what we know is never settled..."

Somnambul33t
L33t.
Premium
Blackwood, NJ

unplugging didnt work. how do i format and reset it?

ki1o
Premium
join:2001-04-12
Atlanta, GA

1 edit
reply to Somnambul33t

Maybe there is a problem with your remote. You can reset your remote to the factory default settings by following these steps found on this webpage »en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use···e_Remote

This reset will delete all macros and keymoves and reset device codes to defaults.
1.Press and hold the "Setup" key until a device key blinks twice.
2.Type in the code 981.
3.If successful, a device key will blink FOUR times.

If that doesn't work, call Comcast and ask for a "Full Reset." When Comcast does that, your box will turn off as it resets.
--
IT'S COMCRAPTIC!

Somnambul33t
L33t.
Premium
Blackwood, NJ

Thanks for the instructions. I tried a different remote and it didnt help. I scheduled a service call for tomorrow for them to replace the box.

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut

join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

You can try the methods at the link below but I'm not 100% sure if they will work on your box:

»en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use···R/Resets
--
"The relationship between what we see and what we know is never settled..."

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
kudos:3
reply to Somnambul33t

DCX-3400 is End of Life already. That is replaced by the DCX-3501 or 3510.

danielr83

join:2007-05-25
Fresno, CA

It's end of life from Motorola, as in they longer produce it. It is not end of life by Comcast standards or even close to it.

Somnambul33t
L33t.
Premium
Blackwood, NJ
reply to cypherstream

said by cypherstream:

Standard Warranty Ends: December 31, 2015
End of Service Life (EOSL): December 31, 2016

Thats what comcast really cares about. Im sure MotoMob and comcast had clear transition path to the new model well before this announcement, but as long as comcast can still get warranty service, they will continue to lease them out.

oh and thanks for the heads up. Ill try and score a newer box now anyway. Still havent replaced this bad one yet lol.

beavercable
Premium
join:2008-05-11
Beaverton, OR

Comcast still leases out the Dct 2000 so really there is no such thing as EOL for cable boxes.

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL

As long as they still work, they'll keep using them. When something happens, then they get scrapped instead of repaired.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:3

That depends on the severity of the problem. If it's an easy fix like a failed hard drive or failed cablecard, the repair department will fix it and put back into circulation.