dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« not surprised
This is a sub-selection from 27% price increase! Yay...

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy to tc1uscg

Premium Member

to tc1uscg

Re: 27% price increase! Yay...

said by tc1uscg:

Comcast, WOW, AT&T, all need to stop with the promo crap. All it does is cause people to complain about costs going up when they come off the promos. I only have CC's HSI. I seen about a 5.00 rise in cost and I have my own modem. Was paying 45.00 a month for the performance tier and rather pay the extra as long as they don't enforce the cap. I hit mine the month of Dec. Kids home from school, 3 ROKU's and I don't even want to count the IP's i handed out to phones/laptops/tablets/ipods. Priced out the same equipment I would need from Comcast to get what I have from Dish and my video service would be over 40.00 a month MORE from CC. I use Magicjack for phone service so for now, my costs are down and I'll keep it that way. I will end up paying more for having no cap then in tv services in a heart beat.

If you buy a triple play bundle, the per service cost is cheaper. I pay $199 per month for the triple play premium bundle that includes whole house DVR on three TVs and the modem rent. I will never do business with Dish again, absolutely horrible customer service (bad enough that they entered into class action settlements with the AGs in 46 states).

tc1uscg
join:2005-03-09
Gulfport, MS

tc1uscg

said by IowaCowboy:

said by tc1uscg:

Comcast, WOW, AT&T, all need to stop with the promo crap. All it does is cause people to complain about costs going up when they come off the promos. I only have CC's HSI. I seen about a 5.00 rise in cost and I have my own modem. Was paying 45.00 a month for the performance tier and rather pay the extra as long as they don't enforce the cap. I hit mine the month of Dec. Kids home from school, 3 ROKU's and I don't even want to count the IP's i handed out to phones/laptops/tablets/ipods. Priced out the same equipment I would need from Comcast to get what I have from Dish and my video service would be over 40.00 a month MORE from CC. I use Magicjack for phone service so for now, my costs are down and I'll keep it that way. I will end up paying more for having no cap then in tv services in a heart beat.

If you buy a triple play bundle, the per service cost is cheaper. I pay $199 per month for the triple play premium bundle that includes whole house DVR on three TVs and the modem rent. I will never do business with Dish again, absolutely horrible customer service (bad enough that they entered into class action settlements with the AGs in 46 states).

I looked at "tripple play" but I refuse to put all my eggs in one basket. I don't pay ANYTHING at this point for MJ. I pay 72.00 a month with Dish for 2 HD dual tuner DVR's and 1 HD stand alone box. I my only get 250 or so channels but I just recently took CC up on a double play package for current customers and upped my HSI speed to 36down/6up and basic eco digital TV for under 50.00 for 6 months. Then it's only 69 after that. I own my own modem and refuse to pay CC for a phonemodem. When did telco ever charge it's customers a monthly fee for the DMARC box on the side of the house? Back in the say, they use to charge for each phone/jack in the house if a phone was plugged in but that stopped in the 70's. I've not had bad luck with Dish (yet) but I've not had any reasons to call them for any problems and i"m going on 2 years next month. Had one DVR replacement and it was overnighted, ready to go plug and play. I'm lucky I guess.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

My experience with dish was a few years ago (2005), maybe they improved the service since other than they are in a carriage dispute with my favorite TV station (KCRG) in my hometown of Cedar Rapids, IA.
« not surprised
This is a sub-selection from 27% price increase! Yay...