how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Goliath13

join:2009-07-10
reply to Stewart

Re: Alternative to voip.ms ?

We have 3 Polycom VVX 500s and 1 Polycom VVX 600.

We're sharing 3 DIDs between the 4 phones.

Two lines are shared between 3 phones. 1 Did is for a standalone phone and isn't shared.

I don't have a PBX setup and Polycom unfortunately doesn't have a line-seize setting to allow it to choose Line * on handset or speaker phone pickup. What I've done is make the CallWithUs line the top most line. It's a crude solution but it does the job. Whenever the handset or speakerphone is picked up it goes to line 1.

I'd like all 3 phones to ring whenever a call is made to the 2 Dids. Whoever picks up would answer and if need be can transfer the call between the other phones.

Voip.ms' sub-accounts feature got the job done really nicely but their reliability is a different story.

SCADAGeo

join:2012-11-08
N California
kudos:2

1 recommendation

said by Goliath13:

Voip.ms' sub-accounts feature got the job done really nicely but their reliability is a different story.

Voip.ms had a rough month.

MartinM mentioned that the new Toronto location is coming online in January, and it's supposed to have more capacity, too.

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
This has been a tough year all around, and I don't just mean VoIP.

I look forward to 2013 and hope that it will be good for all of us.

¡Feliz Año Nuevo!

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
join:2009-06-21
Cyberspace
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Anveo
·voip.ms
said by PX Eliezer70:

I look forward to 2013 and hope that it will be good for all of us.

(20)13 = The Lucky Number.
--
My VoIP News

VexorgTR

join:2012-08-27
Sheffield Lake, OH
kudos:1
Reviews:
·voip.ms
My opinion on a voip provider will depend on your usage (in minutes) and reliability needs. If your DID's are for a business that gets TONS of calls, I have one idea... if its for a home office that gets moderate calls, it's another thing.

Please add that detail.