FACTS only please
Premium
join:1999-10-16
Norwalk, CA
reply to Acejam2k

Re: Actiontec MI424WR FIOS N Router REV. I

said by Acejam2k:

said by bigdaddy:

Verizon is going to be releasing another new firmware update to replace this one. I have no ETA but I was told that UPnP menu and IGMP Proxy menu will be restored and Wi-Fi will be upgraded from 130Mbps to 300Mbps at 40Mhz channel space.

So Hold on Help is on the way.

Do you have anymore details on the 300Mbps/40Mhz upgrade? This would be very helpful for me since my Rev I unit is the only router I have in my home. I do a lot of local LAN file transfers over Wi-Fi, and being limited to 130Mbps really hurts sometimes.

Since I do not have access to a rev.i , I can not tell you what radio chipset and model it is or whether it will support the full range, so a firmware may not be all that is needed. I have swapped it on the rev A and the C models to accomodate third party firmware like Open WRT and DD-WRT.

I don't know if you have the cash to pick up this router and set it up as the second router to provide wireless in your place

»www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless···reviewed

but this Asus is the fastest in many tests done so far not only wireless but for the gigabit lan too
Expand your moderator at work