spc
uniqs
ecollin23
join:2012-12-15
Orlando, FL

ecollin23 to CableGuRu2

to CableGuRu2

Re: Every channel flagged as copy once?

People that have multiple tuner devices that use cablecards will do almost anything to keep the cable company from coming inside their house They don't want to have to explain their setup to someone who will never believe it can work. They will pick up the card and call in for activation or use a forum like this where people appear to have more experience with the new products. I believe that is why your guys haven't seen them in the field.
ecollin23

1 edit

ecollin23

I also want to take this opportunity to share my reasons for even trying such bleeding edge technology. I went for several years using the converter boxes. About three years ago I bought an audio receiver that has the ability to switch HDMI signals. When I called Brighthouse to see if they had any HDMI converter boxes I was told I would have to drive in and see because the agents on the phone cannot see what is in the store. To make a long story short they didn't have any HDMI converter boxes in stock AND they had closed the office near me so I had to drive much farther just to find out they did not have what I needed. They told me I could schedule a truck roll but they could not guarantee what boxes the tech would have. I am not saying Brighthouse is a bad company. What I am trying to convey is that by allowing me to buy and install the products that are important to me, you have created a very loyal customer. No other Orlando programming provider gives me that choice and I appreciate the fact that you do.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by ecollin23:

I also want to take this opportunity to share my reasons for even trying such bleeding edge technology. I went for several years using the converter boxes. About three years ago I bought an audio receiver that has the ability to switch HDMI signals. When I called Brighthouse to see if they had any HDMI converter boxes I was told I would have to drive in and see because the agents on the phone cannot see what is in the store. To make a long story short they didn't have any HDMI converter boxes in stock AND they had closed the office near me so I had drive much farther just to find out they did not have what I needed. They told me I could schedule a truck roll but they could not guarantee what boxes the tech would have. I am not saying Brighthouse is a bad company. What I am trying to convey is that by allowing me to buy and install the products that are important to me, you have created a very loyal customer. No other Orlando programming provider gives me that choice and I appreciate the fact that you do.

In all honesty there's a reason why reps cannot call the lobby locations and simply stated we want the lobby reps focused on you not our reps calling them. We no longer have HD boxes without HDMI so this won't be a problem going forward
CableGuRu2
join:2012-03-02
Geneva, FL

CableGuRu2 to ecollin23

to ecollin23
very much so but at the same time their are people that try this and instead they end up making it more complicated by doing it themselves instead of letting us just come out and set the cards and tuning adapters up properly. When your dealing with one or two sets of 13digit cablcard and host id numbers...lol..its easy to get dyslexic and if that happens there's a chance the cable card can be "bricked" and have to be replaced. Which then makes it worse because our allotment of cable cards are shared between multiple area contractors.

Their are things that make it difficult that are out of the customers hands and some that are. If someone is able to get it installed without us coming out..more power too ya..but for the sake of future eq, time and signal issues I would personally prefer the in-house visit