Premium Member
join:2000-10-11
CT

cowboyro to alkizmo

Premium Member

to alkizmo

Re: GE panel - 2 breakers in a 1" slot?

said by alkizmo:

Yet the above option seems better than joining up a few unnecessary dedicated circuits or add a cheap 100$ subpanel which would add a lot of extra room for the future?

There is no physical space for a subpanel.

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO

nunya

MVM

I'd install a "relief" panel for the HVAC equipment (near the HVAC equipment). One nice thing about the TM4020 is it is rated for 175 or 200A branch breakers.

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo to cowboyro

to cowboyro
said by cowboyro:

There is no physical space for a subpanel.

There is always a way.
Nunya's idea seems good, one big ass gauge wire feeding a panel next to the HVAC for all the HVAC's circuit.

I'm betting we're looking at a 2-pole 100A breaker and some nasty 3AWG 4-wire AC90.

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru to nunya

Premium Member

to nunya
said by nunya:

I'd install a "relief" panel for the HVAC equipment (near the HVAC equipment). One nice thing about the TM4020 is it is rated for 175 or 200A branch breakers.

It is amazing how the most simple solution can be elusive. I have a similar issue as the OP where I need a 220 slot to run a "proper" 220 to my garage. My heating/cooling takes 6 slots in my panel. Moving those to a "relief" panel, as you called it, would be a great solution.

What amperage panel would be needed to accomadate three 220 breakers @ 60 amp, 30, amp and 30 amp? I am not familiar with the steps in panel sizes.

I have a Cutler Hammer ch32b200j and it looks like it will take up to 150 AMP branch breakers.

»www.eaton.com/ecm/groups ··· ab01.pdf