uniqs
share rss forum feed

Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
Premium
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA

2 recommendations

Malwarebytes 1.70 released

I couldn't find a topic on this and know it has been a few days sense it was released.

»www.malwarebytes.org/

I like the new system tray icon how about everyone else?

Could be bad for techs that use to tell people where to click though.

gugarci
Premium
join:2004-02-25
Lyndhurst, NJ

1 recommendation

Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
Premium
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA

1 recommendation

Sorry thanks.

hayc59
Im Your Huckleberry
Premium
join:2001-02-26
David R.I.P.
kudos:21
reply to 90115534
imtim83, thank you!! better to have more than not enough

Secyurityet
Premium
join:2012-01-07
untied state
reply to 90115534
said by 90115534:

I'm still trying to figure out what it represents.

Is it a superhero's mask?

Is it a disk platter with the offending quadrant blanked out?

Is it a stylized "M"?

What the heck is it?

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY
kudos:3
reply to 90115534
How come the 'update' button is greyed out on the free version? Are we not allowed the check for database updates? Noticed this on the previous version also.

Pentangle
With our thoughts we make the world.
Premium
join:2006-06-01
Vancouver BC
kudos:2
I had a similar problem (and one or two others). In the end I had to uninstall the old Pro version, run mbam clean, install the new version and re-enter the license code. Now all is well.

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11
reply to La Luna
Click for full size
said by La Luna:

How come the 'update' button is greyed out on the free version? Are we not allowed the check for database updates? Noticed this on the previous version also.

Must be a glitch?

hayc59
Im Your Huckleberry
Premium
David R.I.P.
reply to 90115534
I have the same thing going on at which time two versions
ago same issue with 'update' button and just re-opened the program and it works fine! dont know why??
did not want to hassle with un-install...re-install

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
reply to Pentangle
Update button is not greyed out on my free version.

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:2

1 recommendation

Ditto....Not greyed out on mine.

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico

1 recommendation

reply to Secyurityet
Hand
The current Spyware Blaster icon was vetted | voted.
It's take it or leave it. MWB is some of the best stand-alone anti-malware tool we have ever seen.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy

1 recommendation

reply to 90115534
I am not crazy about the new icon as it looks too much like IE when it's running and my mate keeps trying to close it when it's scanning! But it's my favorite color. Well, one of them. It seems to be a little slower on my system than the older version. Anyone else find this?

jadinolf
I love you Fred
Premium
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME
said by jaykaykay:

I am not crazy about the new icon as it looks too much like IE when it's running and my mate keeps trying to close it when it's scanning! But it's my favorite color. Well, one of them. It seems to be a little slower on my system than the older version. Anyone else find this?

Not me and I only have 16G of memory.
--
Printed on 100% recycled bytes

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
Warwick, NY
reply to 90115534
Weird. I updated to the newest version and the updater button worked. I closed the program, reopened it and the updater button is once again greyed out, unclickable.

hayc59
Im Your Huckleberry
Premium
David R.I.P.
said by La Luna:

Weird. I updated to the newest version and the updater button worked. I closed the program, reopened it and the updater button is once again greyed out, unclickable.

I posted the issue and a link to here in mods section at Marcin forum
will see what gives.

hayc59
Im Your Huckleberry
Premium
David R.I.P.
reply to 90115534
LaLuna do you have WSA running at the same time?

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
Warwick, NY
I know I'm going to feel stupid, but what is WSA? lol

Thank you hayc59 See Profile, I appreciate that!

hayc59
Im Your Huckleberry
Premium
David R.I.P.

1 recommendation

said by La Luna:

I know I'm going to feel stupid, but what is WSA? lol

Thank you hayc59 See Profile, I appreciate that!

Hey don't ever feel stupid!
Webroot SecureAnywhere
»www.wilderssecurity.com/showthre···t=334119

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
Warwick, NY
Oh, ok, thanks. No, I don't have that installed.

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:5
reply to Secyurityet
said by Secyurityet:

said by 90115534:

I'm still trying to figure out what it represents.

Is it a stylized "M"?

What the heck is it?

My vote is the stylized "M" with a pac-man taking a "byte" out of it.

planet

join:2001-11-05
Oz
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to La Luna
said by La Luna:

Is it possible the updater button is only available when updates are?

adminprivled

@dtra.mil
The admin button is only grayed out when you are not running the Malwarebytes under admin account.
Malwarebytes install with Admin Priv but if you run it under standard account you can't control the update process since it's an admin lvl process.
SO if you want to run the update under Standard account then kill MalwareBytes and re-execute it with right click run as admin, type in your admin password and viola it works.

Phoenix22
Death From Above
Premium
join:2001-12-11
SOG C&C Nrth
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
reply to jaykaykay
said by jaykaykay:

no issue here........i'm runnin' pro...........updater works ...everythang wrks as it did b4.............who knows
--
101ST ABN Div. (AirAssault) "Rendezvous With Destiny!" "Night Stalkers/Phoenix Flight" For Buddy...who lived it! Whiskey for my men and beer for my horses! H.A.L.O!, 5th Grp., MACV SOG, 160TH AVN SOG, Death From Above, VFW, AmLegion

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11
reply to planet
said by planet:

said by La Luna:

Is it possible the updater button is only available when updates are?

that's a good one.
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
Warwick, NY

1 recommendation

reply to adminprivled
said by adminprivled :

The admin button is only grayed out when you are not running the Malwarebytes under admin account.
Malwarebytes install with Admin Priv but if you run it under standard account you can't control the update process since it's an admin lvl process.
SO if you want to run the update under Standard account then kill MalwareBytes and re-execute it with right click run as admin, type in your admin password and viola it works.

BINGO!! We have a winner! Thank you so much, that worked and is not a problem for me to do. Thanks again!
--
The Alien in the White House

20,085 DEADLY TERROR ATTACKS SINCE 9/11

planet

join:2001-11-05
Oz
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
said by La Luna:

said by adminprivled :

BINGO!! We have a winner! Thank you so much, that worked and is not a problem for me to do. Thanks again!

This makes sense. I always run MBAM under admin now after doing a scan in a LUA and having some false positives. It took awhile and some anxiety before I was able to sort that one out. Haven't had any problems running scans as an admin except after updating and losing my ignore list for the security center being turned off and needing to add them again.

MIXZ1

join:2001-01-02
Mexico
reply to 90115534
There are some early "issues": The tools available under the More Tools tab do not work unless Internet Explorer is your default browser. From reading the MBAM forums, I guess this will be addressed in a future release.

MarkAW
Barry White
Premium
join:2001-08-27
Canada
kudos:16
said by MIXZ1:

There are some early "issues": The tools available under the More Tools tab do not work unless Internet Explorer is your default browser. From reading the MBAM forums, I guess this will be addressed in a future release.

They work fine for me and i have Firefox as my default browser. I have IE locked down tighter than a bed bugs anus.
--
We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. (Hmm)
I have enemies? Good. That means I've stood up for something, sometime in my life.

MIXZ1

join:2001-01-02
Mexico
I only have IE and Chrome, Chrome being my default.