join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to analog andy

Re: 30 dvd's down 100's to go

said by analog andy:

I'm converting straight to mkv RF:19. So far they look pretty good and range from 800MB - 1.5GB

Many years ago I did mine to VIDEO_TS folders as its what Windows XP Media Center used and it took me considerably less time... but your way fits on less media so I suppose that's a plus.

I went so far as to find folder.jpg's for every DVD so when browsing my collection, it was like browsing what nearby them in cases.

analog andy

join:2005-01-03
Surrey, BC
said by urbanriot:

said by analog andy:

I'm converting straight to mkv RF:19. So far they look pretty good and range from 800MB - 1.5GB

Many years ago I did mine to VIDEO_TS folders as its what Windows XP Media Center used and it took me considerably less time... but your way fits on less media so I suppose that's a plus.

I went so far as to find folder.jpg's for every DVD so when browsing my collection, it was like browsing what nearby them in cases.

With the smaller size it won't be as hard to keep backups. I can't imagine having more than 4 TB of movies and 4-5 of TV series.

Riplin

join:2002-05-13
canada
said by analog andy:

I can't imagine having more than 4 TB of movies and 4-5 of TV series.

If you don't mind the reduction of picture quality yea. I find too much of a difference especially on 50"+ tv with dvd quality opposed to even 720p or 1080p rips. It just looks like crap