Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

neilemon

join:2010-06-06
united state

[speed/latency] 3360/864 again?

Click for full size
There's been an improvement in my line conditions and I'm hoping my line profile can be restored to 3360/864 FAST. I know the line is long but it worked for the last 2+ years.

I'm not sure what was done to the lines, but this is around +6.5db on the downstream noise margin since the last "no-go" and seems to be stable.

No complaints with "if it works it works" snr, since that's where it was in the past.

Demonfang

join:2011-04-21
Spring Mills, PA
kudos:1

with that long of a line, i'm surprised your snr margin is so high.
getting past that, i would suggest a quick restart of the modem to refresh the stats fully. if after modem restart,you are still at that high of a margin, then 3 down will work, but it might be pushing it.

call 1-866-376-3216, and enter 0 for an extension if it asks. this will take you to a not retarded department that can set changes instantly (meaning when you request a speed upgrade, you get the upgrade within a matter of seconds).

neilemon

united state

1 edit

I've called this # before; they said they only work with existing appeals cases. But today I convinced the rep to set throughput back to where it was, (without an appeal filed).

I'm in the "if it works, it works" stats window but no complaints about that. We'll see how it goes.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Demonfang

Spring Mills, PA

no problem, hope it goes well for you in the long run

neilemon

united state

The long run didn't last.

So my throughput is cut in half again, SNR all over the place, connections drops multiple times in a day and line men who break commitments, take 2 weeks to arrive and say my line is good and do nothing.

Demonfang

Spring Mills, PA

maybe now is the time to file an appeal that your line isn't working right xD

how long have you had your modem, and what model is it? one thought might be that the modem is going bad. another thing you might want to do is get a splitter installed at the nid, and do a home run (wire going straight from splitter to modem wall jack).

neilemon

united state

I have a new Actiontec 784WNV, less than 48 hrs in use.

There's a DSL/POTS splitter in my NID with a home run to the modem. 12' of wire in the wall, 1 jack with a 12' data cord to the modem. I ran a wire out the window and plugged it into the NID directly with no change.

There's intermittent noise at the NID with an old 500 desk set. I've been out there so many times they need to award me with a butt set and Verizon jacket. The new schwag is good looking.

I guess filing an appeal and complaining is my next recourse.

Thanks again for your input

Demonfang

Spring Mills, PA

hmmm, sounds like you already have the wiring under control, so that eliminates that as an issue. as you stated with the intermittent noise, that's probably an indicator of the issue being elsewhere, probably bad connections at a junction, as usual :rolleyes:

butt set and jacket xD, well, i must admit i'd like to have some of their stuff, as it is nice lol. although verizon more or less gave me permission to work on my phone wires on both sides of the box; heck, they actually let me install a new box

hope you get your issues sorted.

neilemon

united state

3 edits

I filed an appeal and they got a tech here right away. He found cleared wire issues on my road. Got my 3 meg back and it's been stable for 2+ days.

I was happy until I just picked up the phone and it was humming. Tree frog must have p'd on the terminals again. I'll give it a chance to dry before I call again since my DSL is OK.

Best advice to others with similar chronic problems is call customer relations when repair/front line support is a dead end.

1-800-483-7988 press 3 for customer relations- ask to speak with "escalations department" and "file an appeal".

1-866-376-3216 press 0 for high speed internet technical support presidential appeals. They will ask for an appeals case #, but may pull up your account without one if you ask.