spc
uniqs
vp71inet
join:2005-05-12
Englishtown, NJ

vp71inet to dillyhammer

to dillyhammer

Re: [Voip.ms] voip.ms premium international routing issue

Come to think of it, I have premium routing turned on too and I have been trying to call the UK from Christmas day until today, and calls not going through - perpetually busy.

I will try another server and see if it gets resolved, else I will open a ticket.

The sad part is I thought my Uncle's phone was down, had me worried stiff until he called today. Never did I think the problem was my provider! You see VOIP.MS had been solid to the UK before now.
vp71inet

vp71inet

said by vp71inet:

Come to think of it, I have premium routing turned on too and I have been trying to call the UK from Christmas day until today, and calls not going through - perpetually busy.

I will try another server and see if it gets resolved, else I will open a ticket.

The sad part is I thought my Uncle's phone was down, had me worried stiff until he called today. Never did I think the problem was my provider! You see VOIP.MS had been solid to the UK before now.

Now I have egg in my face over this post - the issue was mine. Because of some unknown calls on my other A/C, etc I had been proactive in restricting call features and had turned off international calling on the "Account Setting" --> "Account Restrictions" tab. This was my problem.

Re-enabled and I am making premium route calls again to the UK.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

said by vp71inet:

The issue was mine. Because of some unknown calls on my other A/C, etc I had been proactive in restricting call features and had turned off international calling on the "Account Setting" --> "Account Restrictions" tab.

Also remember that both CallCentric and Voip.MS allow you to enable/disable calls on a country-by-country basis.

So you could (for example) allow US, Canada, UK, and iNum, while blocking other outbound calling.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to vp71inet

Premium Member

to vp71inet
said by vp71inet:

They told me the problem was fixed. They wanted me to switch back to the premium routing to test, but I can't be bothered. It's working for me on the value routes, so why bother right?

Not broke, don't fix it.

Mike
AVonGauss
Premium Member
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL

AVonGauss

Premium Member

said by dillyhammer:

They told me the problem was fixed. They wanted me to switch back to the premium routing to test, but I can't be bothered. It's working for me on the value routes, so why bother right?

Not broke, don't fix it.

Mike

Can't be bothered? Sounds more like a case of I found out the value route is working just as well for me at a lower cost and I want to use the lower cost option. Nothing wrong with that, but let's call it for what it is - after all it took longer to write the forum reply than it would have to switch back to the premium route.
vp71inet
join:2005-05-12
Englishtown, NJ

vp71inet to PX Eliezer704

to PX Eliezer704
said by PX Eliezer704:

... both CallCentric and Voip.MS allow you to enable/disable calls on a country-by-country basis.

So you could (for example) allow US, Canada, UK, and iNum, while blocking other outbound calling.

Did not know that. I will consider this next time ... thanks.
MZB
join:2010-11-25
Dunrobin, ON

MZB to AVonGauss

to AVonGauss
said by AVonGauss:

... Sounds more like a case of I found out the value route is working just as well for me at a lower cost and I want to use the lower cost option. ...

Actually the premium rates for UK landlines are lower ($0.0070) than the value rates ($0.0079).

I put in a ticket for this problem too as I was quite often getting a 503 (call rejected) from my ATA for premium routes to the UK, but the value routes were working reliably. It's apparently fixed, but I'm waiting a while before re-instating the least-cost routing rule in my dial plan.