Premium Member
join:2004-09-19
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

lordpuffer

Premium Member

Best Earbuds For $100 Or Under?

I need a pair of Earbuds to go with an iPod Nano that I'm planning to purchase. I looked at some at:

»reviews.cnet.com/best-earbuds/

I am inclined to go with the Velodyne vPulse because I love good bass. What would you folks suggest?

JimE
Premium Member
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL

JimE

Premium Member

I don't know that it will matter. Many of the iPod models aren't known for their quality amps.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

lordpuffer

Premium Member

said by JimE:

I don't know that it will matter. Many of the iPod models aren't known for their quality amps.

I could use it with my Nexus 7 tablet instead. Hopefully that has a better amp in it. So I am still open to suggestions as to which may be the better one to get.

JimE
Premium Member
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL

JimE to lordpuffer

Premium Member

to lordpuffer
I haven't used enough to provide any recommendations. I just wanted to point out that spending money on a quality pair, may not be a wise decision.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to lordpuffer

to lordpuffer
$100 for ear buds? Besides the fact I can't stand ear buds over headphones anyway I certainly wouldn't pay $100 for either. Heck I don't go over $10.

Trihexagonal5
join:2004-08-29
US

Trihexagonal5 to lordpuffer

to lordpuffer
I've had a pair of Bose IE2 for over a year that I use to listen to music to through my laptop. They're comfortable and put out a decent base response for ear buds IMO.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

lordpuffer

Premium Member

said by Trihexagonal5:

I've had a pair of Bose IE2 for over a year that I use to listen to music to through my laptop. They're comfortable and put out a decent base response for ear buds IMO.

Thanks. I haven't decided which one to purchase yet. I'm still leaning towards the Velodyne earbuds, for I like a really strong bass. However, I'm still open to the Bose.

Trihexagonal5
join:2004-08-29
US

Trihexagonal5

One thing I like about these is they don't come loose when you're listening to them. They have a diaphragm that is flexible and fits inside your outer ear so they don't depend on being inside your ear canal to stay in.