uniqs
share rss forum feed

Somnambul33t
L33t.
Premium
join:2002-12-05
Blackwood, NJ
reply to gate1975mlm

Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers in Philly!

Are these boxes eventually going to be available for double-play customers? i dont need/want phone service but was told thats the only way to get X1.

JoeSammamish

join:2009-06-10
Sammamish, WA

I'm sure the boxes will eventually be available to everybody.

Given the cost and limited availability of the boxes, it makes sense that Comcast would want to first use the new boxes to entice new high-end customers, and then work their way back to current high-end customers, and then finally everybody else.

I'm looking forward to seeing the X1 Guide out here in Seattle. I'm hopeful that before too long Comcast will be able to just roll the guide out to recent-vintage equipment (I have the multi-room DVR boxes) without needing to swap out equipment, but we'll just have to wait and see. In the meanwhile, hopefully Comcast irons out a few bugs and adds some new features to the X1 Guide.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Comcast

Actually the X1 boxes and equipment is already available to both new and existing customers due to the fact that so many calls from existing customers came flooding in demanding that they changed their stance and allowed existing customers to get it too. I was told this from the X1 division

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:2

Mike-
I'm somewhat leery of what you're posting - but maybe i'll follow up again when I get back from Hawaii. Leaving this morning for 10 days!

Post if you end up getting one!
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Comcast

All I know is when I asked about the X1 equipment and asked if it was available to triple play customers only they said it was at first but was now available to all existing customers with a technician installation. Then a few days ago I called Comcast over the phone because I was bored and asked the same thing and was told that because so many people called in to complain that it wasn't available to current customers, that Comcast changed their stance about it being available to new customers only and they now are allowing existing customers to get it as well. Somehow customers got the X1 team's direct number and were overwhelmed by the amount of interest by current customers. I was thinking of getting one but I think I'm just gonna see where the RNG200N S26 update and hopefully Guide 2.0 takes me.
--
I'm always up for a good chat and helping with VoIP testing so my contact info is below.
Gigaset.net: Michael Wolf
Callcentric: 17772288600
SIP URI: sip:226976325024#9@sip.gigaset.net and sip:17772288600@in.callcentric.com